Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bred our Ember, who is black, to a gorgeous black boy from Valmara Poodles, fully expecting black puppies. And we got a cream and what appears to be an apricot! Surprised me all to heck! Ember is a daughter of Journey and Quincy. This is a test run for me. I've never had one of my litters born in the US and these babes were whelped and are being reared in Montana. If all goes well and they find their forever homes, we will be breeding her again. Ember is loving the motherhood experience and is wonderful at it. These boys are so adorable!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think you would get really nice apricots from blacks.

Many years ago my partner had a dog, Joyfil Just Evil Fred of Jaylee, who surprised us by producing an apricot and a silver. We thought he would only carry black, brown, and creme. We knew his sire, Ch Dassin Debauchery, had all those colors behind him, but his dam was one of the first generation of Jaylee poodles - none of them had ever produced anything but black or brown.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you would get really nice apricots from blacks.

Many years ago my partner had a dog, Joyfil Just Evil Fred of Jaylee, who surprised us by producing an apricot and a silver. We thought he would only carry black, brown, and creme. We knew his sire, Ch Dassin Debauchery, had all those colors behind him, but his dam was one of the first generation of Jaylee poodles - none of them had ever produced anything but black or brown.
Aren't genetics amazing? We had no idea the Dad might produce an apricot! Hoping his colour holds, but I do love the creams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts