Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new girl... love her and her coat is so soft. But it’s frizzy! What products are good for defining a poodles curls?

·
Premium Member
22,896 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by defining the frizz.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just go with the frizz! It's delicious soft puppy fur. It will change somewhere around a year old.

Not every adult poodle has curly fur, some of them are wavy. Wetting the fur will make it curl up, but it's usually blown out to straighten it before trimming it. Siba at Westminster, for example, had her fur blown out to straighten it. A few days of neglect or a little moisture will curl it back up to whatever state of curly/wavy its prone to reach.

A slicker brush will be necessary to keep fur unmatted. The sticky about training grooming behavior at the top of this forum is really helpful.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you want to tame frizz try a conditioning and detangling spray. It also makes brushing easier especially during coat change

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
I sometimes warm coconut oil in my hands and smooth a bit over the ends of my hair. Would probably work for your poodle, too?

I'm wary of most commercial products. I'd never want to inadvertently trigger itchy allergies or other skin reactions.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ooh I use Cowboy Magic. It's great for detangling and I use it myself. Also great for horse manes and tail

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts