Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I am curious as well, in NC we did not live close enough to the water to try it but now here in HI we are only 5 min from the beach, so I can not wait to see how Ki-ki does in the ocean!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Great picture's,I would love to try this with my dogs they love the water and we live right by a lake but there are gators in it not good:scared:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't wait to take my Stella to the lake to see how she reacts.

I really enjoyed your pics. Did you teach them to Dock Jump or did they start on their own?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't wait to take my Stella to the lake to see how she reacts.

I really enjoyed your pics. Did you teach them to Dock Jump or did they start on their own?
It started with my first Standard named Koi, who was a natural retriever, and loved the water. He loved dock jumping! Then I got my two standard pups, (at the same time, would not get two at the same time again) and they watched my Koi swim, jump and just play in the water, and they wanted to do what he did! It helps if your dog is competitive, and like to retrieve.
Hope Stella loves it and really launches off! Take pics!!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm super interested in dock jumping. I don't know if there is anywhere here in Utah to try it. I think it looks like the dogs have a total blast. If anyone knows anything about it here in Utah, please share the info :)
Thank you for sharing some awesome pictures! It looks like your dogs are thoroughly enjoying themselves!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for your reply!:)
She is only 13 weeks old so I am not sure how long it will take her to warm up but I will for sure take pics. I've been waiting for her to get all of her vaccinations before we go.
I can't wait!!

It started with my first Standard named Koi, who was a natural retriever, and loved the water. He loved dock jumping! Then I got my two standard pups, (at the same time, would not get two at the same time again) and they watched my Koi swim, jump and just play in the water, and they wanted to do what he did! It helps if your dog is competitive, and like to retrieve.
Hope Stella loves it and really launches off! Take pics!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
13 weeks? Awww! To early for dock jumping, but if she gets the chance to play in water with toys as a puppy, she should do well. Love Stella's name by the way. : )

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Those are great photos!! I am hoping that my Taffy will enjoy this. As soon as the water in warm enough, I am going to take her to a local lake and try her out. It looks like loads of fun!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Aww, thank you!!
My mother has a lake house and we will be spending a lot of weekends there so she should get pretty used to the lake (I hope).
Looks like so much fun!

13 weeks? Awww! To early for dock jumping, but if she gets the chance to play in water with toys as a puppy, she should do well. Love Stella's name by the way. : )

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your photos are incredible, what great pictures!. My standard is not born yet, (June 20th) but when he is old enough, we plan on having him near the water quite a bit. Our German Shepherds loved jumping off docks like this.
Your Poodles are all so beautiful. This may sound strange, but the photographs are so clear, what type of camera did you use for these great pictures??:photo:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts