Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends. Havent posted for awhile due to technical issues...worried and need help....One of my rescued babies is almost 11 and two days ago was happily playing then started limping badly on her better leg. Took to vet yesterday and im sure heind the scenes she made it worse while examining her . Verdict was complete OR partial. No xray done unless Im going down the surgery path. Horrified i came home with metacam and told to rest and watch and ring back in a week. I am rural and far from other vets. Last year she underwent thrydoid cancer and then emergency tracheotomy. I dont know whether to risk surgery or get a brace that can be on bith back legs to avoid other leg which is her original weaker keg from tearing.Shes eating drinking but very wobbly and hardly toe touching... Awaiting surgery date for husbands serious kidney surgery and Im a mess. Pensioner with high anxiety right now

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Twyla knows her stuff, lots of experience with this. Try to stay positive, follow the treatment plan of rest and medication, with limited exercise, and we'll all hope with you for a good outcome.

Keep us updated, please.

Reactions: Delia

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Thanks Rose n Poos, wish I didn't know so much. My Beatrice tore her cruciates the day my mother died but we did the obligatory two week rest and wait before seeing the orthopedic surgeon, Bea had surgery that same day and also had her patella repaired in the same go, it was a complete tear and Beatrice was 16 months old

·
Registered
173 Posts
So sorry your doggo went through this. One of my family dogs tore hers at age 11. We got the surgery done and she lived another good five years. It was worth it for her.

Reactions: Delia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou for your help. Thats great to hear. Worrying about anaesthesia is my fear with her heart and trachea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts