Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, I could have paid off my house and bought a new car and probably made a big dent in the amount of money I needed to open a new salon!! This just proves that some people have two much time and money on their hands. I hope this person didn't go into debt to buy this thing!
:banghead:

This was on yahoo news today,

LOS ANGELES – Luke Skywalker's light saber has been on Star Wars fans' Christmas lists for more than 30 years.

On Thursday, one fan spent $240,000 to get the real thing: the prop that Mark Hamill used in the first two movies in the original "Star Wars" trilogy.

The light saber highlighted several Hollywood memorabilia sold at an auction in Los Angeles by Profiles in History. The auction house said it sold about $3.5 million in memorabilia.

below is a link to the full artical which listed some of the other high selling iteams from various movies. Can you imagine cutting a check like that? Then again I have to admit to being jealous, can you imagine owning *the* lightsaber? Cool.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_en_mo/memorabilia_auction

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow. I feel sorry for someone whose priorities are so mixed up.

But lightsabers are cool! My brother has spent several months trying to build one, and laments that the technology doesn't actually work.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to have a lightsaber for use at work. Actualy I'd like to have two of them. The first would be a toned down version that wouldn't harm skin but would quickly "peel" matts off dogs. The other one would be the uber full strength version for use on stupid customers. What do you mean you don't like the cut. Zzzzz.... LoL

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
No offense, but it ****es me off, lol! With all that money, I could
be paying bills, paying off my house, buy a good used car,etc.
and put some away in the bank for my baby due in Feb. I would be
living comfy and have less stress and worry on my shoulders! :banghead:

That person that bought that light saber is just one of those
obsessed fans thats out there in the world...ugh.:shot:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'd like to have a lightsaber for use at work. Actualy I'd like to have two of them. The first would be a toned down version that wouldn't harm skin but would quickly "peel" matts off dogs. The other one would be the uber full strength version for use on stupid customers. What do you mean you don't like the cut. Zzzzz.... LoL
*DIES* LMAO, I want the matt peeler...OMG TOO FUNNY!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welll.... I'm a star wars fan and all... my name is Leia afterall, but I can't see spending that kind of money unless I could use the thing one somebody's unrulely kids or something...
It occurs to me though that the handle to that thing could be used to beat stupid people in the head. Hummm can we tell who's had a bad day at work today?

MM, Goog lord, whats this about a used car??? Sheesh with that amount of dough you better be driving a Porche or a Mercades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts