Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - I gave millie an extra 1/2 cup of food tonight because she has been a hungry little hippo lately...

I secured her in the sunroom with baby gates while she ate and I went in my room to get dressed. I came out 5 minutes later to find that she had eaten all 1 1/2 cups of her food, jumped OVER the gate, ran into the laundry room and eaten ALL 2 cups of Henry's food!!

YIKES! That's 3 1/2 cups of food within 5 minutes for miss Millie! I hope she doesn't get diarrhea because he eats a completely different food! :doh:

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
uh, I'm thinking you'd better have a mop and pail ready. That's a lot of kibble for a pup all in one shot.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
LOL!! What a little piggy! Usually the females are known for being Picky and Not eating alot! At least now you will know to secure her in a room with a door instead of gate. :doh: :fish:

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol! Well 3 hours later and no mop or bucket needed! She still keeps looking for Henry's food! :doh: She is our third spoo and NEVER have we had a little piggy like this!

Gosh, I hope I am feeding her enough! The vet said she was the perfect weight! :wacko:

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
So is mine - and with a toy the difference between "enough" and "too much" is about half an ounce! Given the chance, Poppy would eat her meal, Sophy's and all the cats' food as well. Sophy likes to savour her meals - she now asks to be fed in another room so she doesn't have Poppy gazing hopefully at her, willing her to leave some.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Haha - you do have a piggy puppy! The only other thing I could think of is maybe the puppy still needs a bit more deworming?

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha - you do have a piggy puppy! The only other thing I could think of is maybe the puppy still needs a bit more deworming?
I wouldn't think so b/c she's had 2 negative stool tests - but she goes to the vet Monday to get her spay stitches out, so I will ask the vet. Better safe than sorry!

Henry eats Instinct, so I guess that is what I will be feeding Millie once she is off puppy food, LOL!

·
Registered
752 Posts
lovely. Sorry, no help, just feeling bad for you.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It happened again! :doh:

I was out of town this weekend and my mother was watching Millie. My mom wasn't paying close enough attention, and Millie opened a sliding door and, once again, ate Henry's entire bowl of food.

That was Thursday. Today, Millie vomited foaming green (ick!) stuff and has diarrhea. Poor baby. It makes me feel just horrible to see her tummy so upset!

I am never leaving my puppy again!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ooooooh...nasty! I'll bet mom won't let that happen again! Poor pup.

My girl used to chow down like that if she had a chance to. She isn't a picky eater either. But, now that she is maturing she is much better about it. She even walks away from her food every now and then before she has finished. Hopefully, yours will grow out of it too. In the meantime, keep the mop and bucket ready.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts