Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to the forum. I have 2 chocolate toy poodles, brother/sister same parents a litter apart. Both have been to obiedence training, Abbie was first in class and Tobie was more of the class clown. Tobie has had Leg Pertheses Disease in both hind legs. His surgeries have both been successful and has made a full recovery - these took place before he was 1 years old, he is now almost 4.

My sweet crazy Tobie does strange things and I wanted to see what others think. Most of his strangeness is with his dog food/bowl. He carries his bowl of food from one end of the room to ther other end and places it in his bed. Once it is there, he tries to cover it with his nose by pushing things around it. He also does a nudge/back up/nudge dance alot. Its crazy! Abbie does not do anything like this! Also, Tobie has been (mostly at night) acting as though he is humping his sister. He is only humping air but paws at his sister. I dont believe this is a dominence thing because Abbie is the Alpha dog.

Any ideas on this? Do you think it is OCD or ADD?

Any comments or suggestions welcomed!

:dancing:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a toy poodle who used to do that humping thing with my (now deceased) female Eskimo-it was pretty funny and just seemed to be a habit. My Eskie would usually just sit down and he would jump back or fall over. If it is annoying to your little female, you could just correct him and stop it. As far as the food bowl, the little dogs do seem to want to hide their food away like squirrels. If it doesn't do any damage, I would not worry about it. No-don't think he is OCD or ADD-just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

Abbie normally just lays there when Tobie tries to hump her. Sometimes she growls at him and puts him in his place though. I just let her handle it. Lately its become a big habit for him. He starts to pant real hard and we normally have to make him lay down and go night night.

The food bowl part is no damages...he is just very weird with it. Yesterday I got home and the bowl was upside down and all the food was under it. Just amazing and comical of how he does things. We couldnt figure out how the food bowl got into the bed with all the food into until we watched him walk very slow the other day carrying the bowl trying not to spill any food. Would love to get it on video and send it in to Americas Funniest Videos!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just thought when you say he does this at night...maybe he needs a bit of a walk or some type of exercise in the evening to tire him out for the night....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts