Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your dogs prefer wire crates, the veri-kennel plastic ones, or soft sided crates?

I wonder if Flip would be happier in a 'less open' crate...he has a wire one now.

:/

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Can you throw a blanket over the wire one to create a more closed feel?? I can do that with a couple of my dogs, but Meau liked to pull the blanket into the crate and chew on it when she was bored! :) It might give you an idea if that's what he likes better... My dogs are happy in any kind of crate (and we have 'em ALL!) Good luck!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
We're fans of wire crates and that's what we have in the car and house. We do have one vari kennel but have only ever used it for flying our guys.

Plumcrazy's idea is good to cover the crate up. However, that might not be good for Flip if he gets frenzied in the crate, as he might just rip the blanket to shreds. My concern about a soft sided crate would be that he could rip through if he gets as upset as you have said. And I sometimes think the plastic crates don't allow enough air flow through for long periods of time.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure he'd pull the blanket in and destroy it. :/
I was thinking about getting an actual crate cover...the kind they make for the iCrate I have.

Someone at the clinic suggested Rescue Remedy as well... :/

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I think there is nothing wrong with using the plastic crate. If it's supposed to be a "den" then a den is covered and enclosed not open and exposed to the world around them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts