Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im feeling better today now. Here are the pics I took of the Poodle's. Some are better then other's but they all seem a tad blury. Sorry Ya'll! lol The pretty white male in the last pic took breed which compared to the other's was a given. Oh and there only of Standard's. When we arrived they just finished the miniatures.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Now that looks like it wasn't too terribly packed with people, something Like that I would like to go to!

Now that one picture of 3 dark dogs...the one in the middle whose handler is in a black dress...was that a brown or a red?

Looks like a reasonably nice dog, but I do agree its obvious why the white boy took breed...very very nice looking boy.

The white male's handler looks like she is a serious one...was that her only standard poodle you saw her with? She has that "I AM HERE TO WIN" look on her face, but I would too if I had that boy at the other end of the lead! LOL

·
Registered
912 Posts
Glad your feeling better Secreto. Great pics, you guys are so lucky to have big shows and indoor so close to where you all live **green with envy** I'm starting to get a bit peeved with living in the sticks lately, it seems we miss out on so much **grumble grumble**

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that looks like it wasn't too terribly packed with people, something Like that I would like to go to!

Now that one picture of 3 dark dogs...the one in the middle whose handler is in a black dress...was that a brown or a red?

Looks like a reasonably nice dog, but I do agree its obvious why the white boy took breed...very very nice looking boy.

The white male's handler looks like she is a serious one...was that her only standard poodle you saw her with? She has that "I AM HERE TO WIN" look on her face, but I would too if I had that boy at the other end of the lead! LOL
Well they all were handler's. None of the breeder's that attended, showed any of there dogs. They just came down to watch and bench. I think she (handler on the Ch male) was on one other dog. One of the other handler's, (Katherine) is a major Amstaff handler. Well atleast used to be. She really looked out of place trying to handle a Poodle. We could tell she was assisting one of the handler's then last minute had to bring a pup in. That was a little funny. But yes the handler with the white male that took breed knew she had it. As soon as she walked up with that boy my husband I said to each other, there's the best of breed dog! lol

Also, don't be fooled by the pics. The ring's were in the arena and all the people where just outside in the halls. There were tons of people and it really began to get VERY crouded. I did get a lot of free treats/bait/bones from the food rep's. Im a fan of Natural Balance dog food (back up food) and I love the logs. I cut it up and use it as bait. It works great and I got a bunch for FREE! lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think the same dog won breed on Sunday. I don't think it was even close.
I've got pics too, on the way...
One thing that's really been bothering me, I literally saw a male handler walk his dog out of the arena by his ears!!! the dog was kind of bouncing along, it almost looked like he was used to it, but I can't imagine that...That can't be normal, can it???

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the same dog won breed on Sunday. I don't think it was even close.
I've got pics too, on the way...
One thing that's really been bothering me, I literally saw a male handler walk his dog out of the arena by his ears!!! the dog was kind of bouncing along, it almost looked like he was used to it, but I can't imagine that...That can't be normal, can it???
I have seen some Poodle handler's cover the eye's with the ears and then guide the dog from the muzzle. Its still kind of weird but actually walking it out by the ears ??? wow!

On Saturday the puppie's seemed very bouncy and just all puppy. Maybe that's normal for Poodle pups. lol

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Awesome pics, I hope I will be able to attend a dog show one day whether
to watch or show, which will more than likely be to watch first, lol.

Did you get to talk to some of the poodle handlers, Jenn?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome pics, I hope I will be able to attend a dog show one day whether
to watch or show, which will more than likely be to watch first, lol.

Did you get to talk to some of the poodle handlers, Jenn?
No handler's but I talked to the breeder from Graphic and a friend of the breeder from Granduer (breeder was out shopping at the vendor's). I personally wasn't to impressed by either breeder. The friend Granduer left behind to chat with people didn't seem to knowledgeable even though she own's Poodle's out of Granduer. The graphic breeder came off with a "look at me attitude" I don't know how to explain it. Plus, I already knew both breeder's are strictly AKC and will not even consider a dog bred from them to be registered UKC. To me that say's a little right there. Even though I have prefered AKC with our Amstaff's doesn't mean I will with Poodle's. I want my options open. They're probably good recognized AKC Poodle breeder's but not the type I would like a dog from anyhow.

Im pretty happy with the breeder's Sting came from. Everyone I have met or even briefly talked to by email seems very friendly, helpful and down to earth. Im fortunite as far as Im concerned with what I got with Sting. I knew there was a reason I was stuck on getting a dog from Cindy at Quest. lol

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I went to Cow Palace on Sunday. I love benched shows, the vendors and mostly watching the Standards compete. The turnout of spoos was a little disappointing, but I still had a blast. The dog the won in the Standard Poodle categeory was from Penndragon. I was in the second row and could see really well, so when the white male appeared, I said that that's the winner. A man in front of me thanked me, it turned out he is the breeder. We chatted the entire judging and I thoroughly enjoyed his input. I love a breeder who is in love with his work. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts