Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the hubby and I are heading to Daly City tomorrow morning to attend the AKC show. Im so excited to see all are old Amstaff friends and to hopefully meet new Poodle friends. Plus I need some Poodle products!

I will take pics and share. Anyway's, I cant wait!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Even better....this the bench show! I haven't been to a bench show in yeearr's now.

That means that they have the breed's benched so people can inquire and learn about the breed and breeder's. Yes! Poodle's hear I come! lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ohh you are soo lucky, wish I was spending my weekend at a dog show; instead I have to groom 6 dogs today before I can even start the weekend!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh PP, when you go to a UKC show you'll think its fun but just wait to you attend a bigger AKC show......its just awesome!! Even the reg AKC show's are impressive but the large entry one's don't even compare to UKC.

This Cow Palace show was my parents first time at a dog show back in 2003 I think. Wow were they in for a huge surprise. It feels like your in this underground world you never knew exsisted. Its so much fun. I wish I could take all you with me!

Ecspecially you and Britt....you guys are always saying there is nothing around where you live. Darn you guys are too far! lol

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Ecspecially you and Britt....you guys are always saying there is nothing around where you live. Darn you guys are too far! lol
Actually there is an AKC show coming up in the town next to me- but
seeing it's the day of my section....better look next time!:tongue:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Lucky you! Its been years since I have been to a dog show myself!

I have only been to the AKC shows...sounds like a UKC show might be more up my alley.

The AKC shows I attended where INSANE with the amount of people and dogs...I would love to go to one that wasn't quite as packed with people, I don't mind wall to wall dogs! LOL

·
Registered
554 Posts
IPP there is an AKC show in Indy at the fairgrounds on February 14th.
The last one I went to in Indianapolis was just crazy with the amount of people! The ones in Muncie and Lafayette were a bit calmer, but not much! LOL

I seriously think I may try to attend a UKC show soon, I would love to see some parti-color poodles in confirmation or agility shows. Heck I would be thrilled to just meet some people who are close to me that love the parti's as much as I do.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well after attending the Cow Palace show yesterday Im disappointed to say it was just okay. There wasn't a big turn out of Poodle's like I was expecting. It's been so long that I forget some breeder's don't enter because they aren't up for the bench part of the show. At a bench show if you enter your dog it has to stay benched from like 9 till 4:30 pm. Its a long day for exhibitors/breeder's.

I did however get some good pics which I will be posting soon. The only Standard Poodle breeder's that were benched were Graphic's and Grandeur. Those were the only dogs listed in the judging program except one Cabernet dog and I think the Cabernet dog was absent. I don't recall seeing it.

Pics to some soon for those that are interested.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im so sorry but I can't post them till tomorrow. Im feeling a little under the weather today. I think Im just really tired.

Heading off to bed early now. :disapointed:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Sorry that the show was just "ok" I personaly don't go to benched shows because of the benched part lol. I don't like to be stuck in one place all day ya know.

Too bad your not closer, the tail end of the florida circut is always good. Tallahassee is awsome, like a big fair almost. It one of my favorites, that and Perry GA in the spring. Wonderful. The week after Tally is our shows and then on to pensacola which sucks. lol.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes I can see how you would be tired...I hope you didn't pick up something being cooped up in that building for so long!

Just post the pics when you can...we will be good and wait. SIT, STAY!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I can see how you would be tired...I hope you didn't pick up something being cooped up in that building for so long!

Just post the pics when you can...we will be good and wait. SIT, STAY!
I actually did post all the decent one's in the picture area this morning. Im feeling better....guess I was just sleepy but the hubby is coming down with a cold too. Who know's! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts