Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We entered him in the so cal poodle specialty. It is going to be july 2 , his second show will be july 3 next day. His 2nd UKC show will be july 4 hopefully he becomes a UKC ch that weekend

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I wish you the very best with your shows. I wouldn't be at all surprised to here that he took his UKC championship. Pictures, pictures.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone , last night we where practicing ( for my sisters gait lol) we noticed similar to Billy's situation, that when chain is placed high on neck ( with no dogs around ) he does not trot right his head is not too low but he does not have his springing action with head up. he goes into a fast gait if as he was pulling a cart. At the UKC show he did not do this ( he was showing off staying at attention because of new place smells and other dogs ) we took chain off and he gaited perfectly in a circle with out leash lol. So we took chain again and just let it be on his neck and not under his jaw/high on neck. he did better with it sitting in the middle/ lower neck.

I thought it was funny. We will see how he acts at the AKC show , he is becoming a man now scent marking ( outside of course) humping other dogs !!!!! Last time we took him to dog park he went on a crazy humping spree , he did not listen either so I will be training him more in that area. I did correct him and made him stay by my side I was really upset with him , but like cesar millan says you can't get frustrated or upset because dog picks up on it

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I will be at some shows at Dallas Market Hall.[/QUOTE]

D'OH...I'm glad you mentioned the show. I have been keeping an eye on the Lone Star Poodle Club for upcoming events and it doesn't mention a thing. I had no idea.

<Scribbling date in her calendar to play hookie> OK...I'm going to be there! I haven't been to a show before.... It should be quite the experience for me. Do you have any idea how they might structure the show (by breed or type such as toys, working, ect)? I was looking on the Dallas Market Hall web site and there isn't much there.

I might even see if I could find you. :glasses-nerdy: Looking for MaddieK

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am going to the Poodle Specialty as well. I am showing Skyler my new toy poodle (male puppy). I showed him 2 weeks ago and took Winners Dog for 2 points.

I look forward to finally meeting you!

Good luck at the shows.

Brandon

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am going to the Poodle Specialty as well. I am showing Skyler my new toy poodle (male puppy). I showed him 2 weeks ago and took Winners Dog for 2 points.

I look forward to finally meeting you!

Good luck at the shows.

Brandon
Hey Brandon , We will be entering the pm show only so you know how to find us look for the big red poodle lol

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Enzo did well he won his class over a silver poodle !
After that he went nuts and wanted to play in the next ring lol

We have tomorrow and Sat next

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I knew you and Enzo would steal the show! I went to the show here in DFW today. There were Black, Brown, White, and a couple Silver poodles. A Red one with Enzo's coloring would have really stood out in a spectacular way.

Have fun the rest of the weekend. It looks like a LOT of work and such sweet satisfaction. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts