Poodle Forum banner

Count down to Enzo's first AKC show lol

5209 Views 40 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  roxy25
We entered him in the so cal poodle specialty. It is going to be july 2 , his second show will be july 3 next day. His 2nd UKC show will be july 4 hopefully he becomes a UKC ch that weekend
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone , last night we where practicing ( for my sisters gait lol) we noticed similar to Billy's situation, that when chain is placed high on neck ( with no dogs around ) he does not trot right his head is not too low but he does not have his springing action with head up. he goes into a fast gait if as he was pulling a cart. At the UKC show he did not do this ( he was showing off staying at attention because of new place smells and other dogs ) we took chain off and he gaited perfectly in a circle with out leash lol. So we took chain again and just let it be on his neck and not under his jaw/high on neck. he did better with it sitting in the middle/ lower neck.

I thought it was funny. We will see how he acts at the AKC show , he is becoming a man now scent marking ( outside of course) humping other dogs !!!!! Last time we took him to dog park he went on a crazy humping spree , he did not listen either so I will be training him more in that area. I did correct him and made him stay by my side I was really upset with him , but like cesar millan says you can't get frustrated or upset because dog picks up on it

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I will be at some shows at Dallas Market Hall.[/QUOTE]

D'OH...I'm glad you mentioned the show. I have been keeping an eye on the Lone Star Poodle Club for upcoming events and it doesn't mention a thing. I had no idea.

<Scribbling date in her calendar to play hookie> OK...I'm going to be there! I haven't been to a show before.... It should be quite the experience for me. Do you have any idea how they might structure the show (by breed or type such as toys, working, ect)? I was looking on the Dallas Market Hall web site and there isn't much there.

I might even see if I could find you. :glasses-nerdy: Looking for MaddieK

· Registered
53 Posts
I am going to the Poodle Specialty as well. I am showing Skyler my new toy poodle (male puppy). I showed him 2 weeks ago and took Winners Dog for 2 points.

I look forward to finally meeting you!

Good luck at the shows.

Brandon

· Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am going to the Poodle Specialty as well. I am showing Skyler my new toy poodle (male puppy). I showed him 2 weeks ago and took Winners Dog for 2 points.

I look forward to finally meeting you!

Good luck at the shows.

Brandon
Hey Brandon , We will be entering the pm show only so you know how to find us look for the big red poodle lol

· Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Enzo did well he won his class over a silver poodle !
After that he went nuts and wanted to play in the next ring lol

We have tomorrow and Sat next

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I knew you and Enzo would steal the show! I went to the show here in DFW today. There were Black, Brown, White, and a couple Silver poodles. A Red one with Enzo's coloring would have really stood out in a spectacular way.

Have fun the rest of the weekend. It looks like a LOT of work and such sweet satisfaction. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.