Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gotten a kong for belle she LOVES it. However, now I'm wanting to be a little creative with it and stuff it with different things. I don't want to make her sick by always using peanut butter, and her milk bones go insanely fast.

So..ideas? :D

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I used to manage a humane society and our junior volunteers used to LOVE to fill the kongs and then freeze them for the big dogs (gave them something to do when they were in their kennels) We used peanut butter, canned dog/puppy food, squeeze cheese or cheese whiz, etc., and the kids would get out a huge plastic bowl and mix whatever wet ingredients we had on hand with a few scoops of dry kibble, or other kinds of crunchy tidbits (the small pieces of milkbones from the bottom of the box for example.) Once the bowl was full of the chunky mixture of wet/dry ingredients, they'd spoon it into the kongs and put them all in the freezer until they were needed. Because they were frozen, the filling would last longer for the dogs...

Good luck with your kong-stuffing! :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Oh my friend's fiance works for a pet supply company and they gave me those chicken treats that you buy at the vet's office and those were a big hit with the kong because you can really stuff them up in there.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I put anything in mine...

peanut butter always at the ends to hold stuff in longer, bananas, cottage cheese or yogurt (then freeze or it's goopy), treats, baby carrots, etc...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also put anything in one too. Last night I filled one with mashed potatoes and beef and noodles with some kibble. In puppy class they gave us recipes for kongs. I'll get it later and post some. Lucy doesn't like peanut butter so I use cheese wiz sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts