Poodle Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm fostering (probably keeping lol) a 6 month old female spoo. She is 21.5" at the shoulder and weighed 40lbs at the vet the other day. For comparison, my nearly 1.5 year old Merry is 21" and 37lbs fully grown Pictures are of the foster pup in her first snow

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
She's gorgeous!! What is her name? :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I would bet that at 7 months he is still going to get another 1/2 to 1 inch before he is done growing.....that height would be perfectly fine with me, but I would keep the breeder updated so they can keep records on how many oversize dogs this pairing has produced as well as the sire in general since breeders almost always breed the sire many more times than a particular bitch. If people truly want a mini and expect it to be in the middle of the height range, so 13-14 inches and wind up with one that is 17-18 inches, they are likely going to be less than happy......and if a pairing or that sire is frequently throwing oversize dogs that is something the breeder should prepare prospective puppy buyers for as transparency......
I hear you. Will do. I know Noodle’s parent specifically asked for oversize. I recall specifically asking the breeder for height’s expectations and 17 it was not but not that I had any demands, just curiosity as to what to expect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I'm fostering (probably keeping lol) a 6 month old female spoo. She is 21.5" at the shoulder and weighed 40lbs at the vet the other day. For comparison, my nearly 1.5 year old Merry is 21" and 37lbs fully grown Pictures are of the foster pup in her first snow

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Superb!! I ADORE my (big) mini but spoos are a real temptation!!

81 - 85 of 85 Posts