Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know it's early but, I'm trying to come up with some costume ideas for Hannah. She is black, graying face and a small white patch on her chest. Any cute costume ideas?

*No, I don't take her out on Halloween, it's just for fun & pics*
*Pic is from groomer shaving her down today, as it's still hot here*

Attachments

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
What's her personality? Is she a cheerleader? a snuggle bunny? a bada*s? Are you crafting your own or buying?

Here's a link to a site to get some inspiration

https://www.baxterboo.com/l.cfm/dog-clothes/halloween?

I'd never tried anything like this before, but I decided to craft little witch outfits for my girls years ago. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Felt squares, pipe cleaner, some elastic and a bit of glue gun, and they wore these for years on Halloween. They were pretty rough on close inspection, but the kids always got a kick out of them, being greeted by 2 little furry witches lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
My black poodles have been devil dogs, bumble bees and dragons.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's her personality? Is she a cheerleader? a snuggle bunny? a bada*s? Are you crafting your own or buying?

Here's a link to a site to get some inspiration

https://www.baxterboo.com/l.cfm/dog-clothes/halloween?

I'd never tried anything like this before, but I decided to craft little witch outfits for my girls years ago. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Felt squares, pipe cleaner, some elastic and a bit of glue gun, and they wore these for years on Halloween. They were pretty rough on close inspection, but the kids always got a kick out of them, being greeted by 2 little furry witches lol.

I'm not crafty at all so idk about making one! Lol.

Hannah is a social when she wants to be type girl, both with humans (except me lol)/kids and dogs/cats. She is fairly active for an 8yr old girl & loves to play ball! She is cuddly, but naughty.. she'll try to steal most any kinda food ha! When I was living in an apartment, the maintenance man said her bark sounded more like a pit bull vs a poodle hahaha

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I dress my black one in pink it really stands out, I do a bright pink, this year they will go out, and all are wearing sweat suites with USA in black, red and gray, and ordering new googes for them. We do an outside Halloween party at a restaurant if the weather is good. WE have 12 or 14 dogs and 7 owners, so not at the house. When it is just my 3 I have a gate at the front door so when the kids come the dogs go wild, and the kids do not know what to think mine are all small. LOL

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I've noticed that the Home Good's store (part of TJMaxx/Marshall's) had a nice selection of dog costumes in the fall leading up to Halloween last year. They probably have them in the store now. The prices were reasonable.

I had considered buying the bee costume for my silver minipoo - but she isn't fond of wearing clothes so I decided against it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just put a wizard type hat on (from the kids’ costume section for a 3-yr-old) but I always thought ninja would be good:)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Human toddler ladybug wings for Rosie, and she even wore the headband with antenna.

The next year she wore little angel wings and a halo!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm not crafty at all so idk about making one! Lol.

Hannah is a social when she wants to be type girl, both with humans (except me lol)/kids and dogs/cats. She is fairly active for an 8yr old girl & loves to play ball! She is cuddly, but naughty.. she'll try to steal most any kinda food ha! When I was living in an apartment, the maintenance man said her bark sounded more like a pit bull vs a poodle hahaha

Ok, so you've got a starting point...add wings and she's a Social Butterfly, a baseball style jersey and a pretend band aid on her knee and she's a Tomboy. You don't need to choose a costume to reflect her personality but it's a place to start.

Party City has a good online selection too.

I am sooo looking forward to the Halloween edition of the photo contest. Can't wait to see our furkids transformed! :pumpkin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts