Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I don't like it. The white one doesn't look too bad at a push. I'm sitting her with T's head on my lap as I type and his lovely soft, clean, fluffy fur brushng against my arm is heaven couldn't imagine what the cords must feel like but they don't look like something you want to cuddle.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
just checked out the white one - i'm sorry guys but I think they look ridiculous! I like the flffy coat

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
well you know me, have to be different and all, I don't mind the cords. Personaly I've never seen a white corded poo in person only black ones at shows and only on rare occasions. I dont think the cords are uncomfortable for the dog, they are supposed to be light-ish in weight and they don't cord all the way to the skin. Cords (supposedly) are a great option for people who have dogs that won't allow them to brush? So I've heard. I helped show a puli waaaayyyy back but I was to young at the time to have much of anything to do with the grooming so I'm by no means a cord expert :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have to say that I think the corded coat looks great. I don't know a thing about corded coats (at all) but I really like the way it looks.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have to say, thats one good thing about having a Poodle. There are many different styles to experiment with. Right now Eli is in a regular puppy clip and my husband just loves it! I do like it as well but I miss the pom pom's. I promised my husband no more poms on Eli though. lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have to say, thats one good thing about having a Poodle. There are many different styles to experiment with. Right now Eli is in a regular puppy clip and my husband just loves it! I do like it as well but I miss the pom pom's. I promised my husband no more poms on Eli though. lol
I dont think my DH would allow the poms either!! I do like the white corded look, but I think it would be a pain to keep clean!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a blond corded toy poodle. It takes some time to get it set. Then it's the easiest groooming method I've ever had for a poodle. And I've had poodles since 1966. The dog loves his hair. He uses it when he hunts successfully. It has protected him many times when other animals have attacked him in play or in the hunt. His undercoat is still very soft. In fact, though, there was little alternative for his coat. It matted in just a few hours. I either had to let it cord or carry a brush around everywhere we went.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a blond corded toy poodle. It takes some time to get it set. Then it's the easiest groooming method I've ever had for a poodle. And I've had poodles since 1966. The dog loves his hair. He uses it when he hunts successfully. It has protected him many times when other animals have attacked him in play or in the hunt. His undercoat is still very soft. In fact, though, there was little alternative for his coat. It matted in just a few hours. I either had to let it cord or carry a brush around everywhere we went.
PICTURES please!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
843 Posts
I dont think my DH would allow the poms either!! I do like the white corded look, but I think it would be a pain to keep clean!!
White,uncorded coat is a pain to keep clean.
I have to say,that I do like the corded look...that white corded poodle in the picture could be my Gunther.
I did meet a silver corded spoo girl a few years ago and she looked absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Great...now I am thinking ...could I pull it off?
I think it would look good on Gunther.
I think he has predominantly adult coat now and it is very thick and totally different texture than my blue spoo girl had.
More like the texture of the black spoo coat,if you know what I mean?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Looking at the picture again,I really don't like the naked butt look.
I suppose you could leave hair there,couldn't you?
Off to google some corded poodles.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
How do I post pictures? I have one that is 219kb (over the limit) and nothing on any urls. please help and I'll be happy to show you a pic.
Resize the pic down a little then go browse, select the new resized pic and then upload. I hope that makes sence. lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts