Poodle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is he now?

Have you tried measuring him at the whithers?

Do you have more pictures?
He turned 1 on the 30th of September. We measured him and he is 16in at the withers. He is wet in the picture above which is why I think I noticed it more. He is currently 3 weeks late for his haircut because his groomer fell off her horse so he is looking fluffier just now. He is weighing 5.8kg just now and the vet said she expects him to gain between 300 and 500g over the next year but doesn't think he will get any bigger than that. Tall and slender is just going to be his natural build I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He turned 1 on the 30th of September. We measured him and he is 16in at the withers. He is wet in the picture above which is why I think I noticed it more. He is currently 3 weeks late for his haircut because his groomer fell off her horse so he is looking fluffier just now. He is weighing 5.8kg just now and the vet said she expects him to gain between 300 and 500g over the next year but doesn't think he will get any bigger than that. Tall and slender is just going to be his natural build I think.
Forgot to add this picture of him standing on the sofa. Gives something to compare.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow! At 9.5 months, Hugo is about 17" but double the weight of your sweet Cooper! Cooper is looking great!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! At 9.5 months, Hugo is about 17" but double the weight of your sweet Cooper! Cooper is looking great!
Sounds like Hugo still has some growing left to do too! I quite like that he is on the taller side, it means that I don't have to bend as far lol but him being thin makes it easy to lift him up too. It will be interesting to see how tall Hugo ends up being, I remember him being bigger when you first got him. Cooper could sit in the palm of my hand as a puppy, he only weigh 900g at 8 weeks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Winnie is 16 inches and weighs between 9.6kg and 9.8kg. She is 1 year and 3 months and is a right solid lump. I'm trying to keep her under 10kg. I think over this she would look fat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Winnie is 16 inches and weighs between 9.6kg and 9.8kg. She is 1 year and 3 months and is a right solid lump. I'm trying to keep her under 10kg. I think over this she would look fat.
I always think that Cooper looks too thin but the vet is now saying that it's just the way he is and as long as his weight doesn't start dropping then they aren't concerned. He doesn't eat a huge amount and is very energetic. It sounds as though Winnie is a perfect size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts