Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to drive you all nuts, finding all of this stuff and having a new scanner!!!! I cannot resist sharing it though. This is my Mom's kennel name certificate from 1963!!!! I was eight then, and she had already owned two Standards before then,, and bred one of them, By-Jo's Princess Penny who was mother to Cherod's Rebel Jester, Mom's first homebred Champion. My Mom named her kennel after her two kids at the time- me and my brother Rod. Also the championship certs from a lot of our dogs from when I was a kid. Thank you Mom for being so anal about holding onto EVERYTHING!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Wow, so cool to have found all those and be able to look back to that time and great for record keeping. Is the line you have now still the same as the one your mother built on?

LOVE seeing these types of things... post all you want as far as I am concerned! :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
What great documents to have! Your mother must have had the historian personality which I believe is invaluable to future generations. Lucky you!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't it awesome. I used to give my Mom such a hard time about keeping everything, now I am at an age where every time I find stuff like this, I am so grateful!!

The Spoos I breed now have nothing in common with the Spoos I grew up with as far as ancestry. I guess if we went back far enough they would, but five gens back, nothing. With the reds and how they were developed, there is only a chance of a common denominator on one side because they bred minis to standards to get them. I do hope one day to be as successful with the reds as Mom was with the blacks, then the silvers.

I have an entire room with boxes of Mom's stuff, so I know there are more treasures to be found and thankfully I am not making some of you cringe when I post, so will keep on putting things on here as I find them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts