Poodle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
I have a tub but for my mini I actually specifically got a battery operated shower head because it's very easy that way. I could see doing the same for a spoo. I groom myself and do full body once a month but I do weekly touch ups. So even if I used a groomer I would still want most of the supplies.
That's great that you groom yourself. But only once a month? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha...馃槣馃槅

On a more serious note, I too love Sue Zecco. She and her videos are awesome!

I think you've already gotten lots of good advice from spoo owners. I have wee toy poodles and wash them in my laundry tub...have a faucet that is a sprayer just like the one in my kitchen. They're easy peezy. I would think though, if you have a sprayer hose in your shower, that would work well to wash, towel off, let your dog shake, towel dry some more, then over to where you have your doggie dryer and so on. With a walk-in shower, you won't have to lift your dog. The elevated tub might work out great if your dog will get in without you having to lift. Good luck. It is a challenge but kind of nice to be able to do this ourselves....it's not only good for saving money, but a good bonding time too.

Registered
I am not comfortable bending over to bathe my dog. I put a plastic Rubbermaid table in my big walk-in shower and the boys just jump on it. It makes it a lot easier to scrub their white legs, and was inexpensive, too. I even have a shower chair that I sometimes sit on, if the lads are being conditioned, or whitened,

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Ho
I am not comfortable bending over to bathe my dog. I put a plastic Rubbermaid table in my big walk-in shower and the boys just jump on it. It makes it a lot easier to scrub their white legs, and was inexpensive, too. I even have a shower chair that I sometimes sit on, if the lads are being conditioned, or whitened,
How big is your shower? My tub on legs arrived last night. I hope my husband can get it set up in the cellar without too much trouble.

Registered
I also have a giant laundry tub on legs. It has a sidespray i used when Cleo was a small puppy, but now that she's pretty much full size (a standard), i use a detachable shower hose, i think it's a waterpik. It's very good b/c i can adjust the spray to be softer when i do her head, etc. and i don't lose use of the sink when i need it for other things (it's in my laundry room. I didn't want to bend, either, so that was my solution. I have her grooming table in the same room. Only thing I have not yet figured out is how to get her into the sink and onto the table without lifting her up myself, and she now weighs 46lbs... Also i have the same shampoo as Viking--almond crisp--i like it a lot b/c it's not perfume-y--and the same dryer, though it still takes me a long time to dry her thoroughly. I use both Showsheen Miracle Groom and Ice on Ice as detanglers, depending. I find combing through with Showsheen when the hair is still damp is very helpful.
Here are a couple pics of my set-up-- IMG_8947.jpg IMG_7661.JPG

Registered
Ho

How big is your shower? My tub on legs arrived last night. I hope my husband can get it set up in the cellar without too much trouble.
My shower is 68'' long and 38'' wide. It has a 'lip' on the floor that extends about three inches. Those three inches are problematic for squeezing in dog bath tubs. The footprint of many tubs are wider than the tub itself. My table has one end sitting on the ledge. It works fine as the slight slant helps the water drain off faster. The shower head on both ends are really nice. I keep eyeing the wash tubs at Home Depot, but I am not sure if I could get away with a 24'' square tub that the dog would sit in, instead of standing. Plus then, I don't think the dogs could jump in on their own. I could probably have them jump up on the shower chair and then, into the tub.... hmm, I'll have to stew about that for a bit.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts