Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
And like I said, I'm not concerned about a pit bull when it is just me. But if a pit bull approaches MY DOGS and this is WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, they will deal with me.

I am plenty knowledgeable about the subject. You denying what pit bulls were bred for certainly does not make you correct. While pit bulls were probably not initially created to fight, they were bred for over a hundred years to do just that. Even today they are still being bred for that purpose, and those that are breeding them otherwise, aren't even trying to correct that giant fault.

I do not have any respect for people who are irresponsible pit bull owners. They are the reason that BSL exists and they are the reason for dog bites, dog attacks, and dog fights everywhere. Responsible pit bull owners would NOT be punished by the kinds of laws that I suggest. Pit bulls are INCREDIBLY overpopulated and they are most likely the most common dog that is put to sleep every single day. All the "pit bull rights activists" are just hurting their own breed by ignoring the largest problem and continuing to fight BSL instead of focusing on controlling the breed.

Recently there was an incident where a member of the FABB (Families Against Breed Bans) brought their dog to a public dog gathering to crusade against BSL, and their dog attacked another animal that was present. The FABB desperately tried to keep this out of the news and even threatened to sue the news group that wanted to publish the name and association to the FABB with the incident. Covering up the truth is just embarrassing. Additionally embarrassing are those that try to pretend that American Staffordshire Terriers are somehow a magically different breed. While they might have changed slightly in look from when they were initially named, they were called this because the AKC refused to allow "pit bulls" in their registry.

I perpetuate NO myths and NO lies about the pit bull breed. They are DANGEROUS dogs in the hands of the wrong owner. ANY breed can be dangerous in the hands of the bad owner, but this breed specifically is a large danger in the hands of the irresponsible one.

Here are some lovely pit bull activists at work:
http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/09/pitbull_belonging_to_propitbull_group_fo
The above article is the incident that I referenced in this post. The follow up to this story is the threats that were made to "The Stranger" (an alternative news blog) to keep the identity of the pit bull owner a secret.

http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/09/bull_shit
This article contains some lovely phrases that pit bull activists use on BSL supporters and is a follow up as I mentioned.

This kind of behavior is absolutely disgusting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
And I don't think you should waste your time feeling bad for me. I'm quite happy with my choices and firm in my beliefs. My dogs and I will continue to live happy lives and be welcomed into any dog friendly establishment in the country. You and your pit bull will only be subject to constant scrutiny, laws, and the ever advancing BSL.

Fight BSL with every ounce of strength that you have, but it IS spreading. I'm actually quite happy to be moving (coincidentally, not because of this of course) to an area where BSL is prevalent. I strongly support it and am looking forward to my new dog friendly community.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.