Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying that the most grooming I have ever done is keeping my spoos face and feet clean. Now, since I am probably not showing her I am considering trying to clip her into a continental just for the practice and because I want her to have less hair and a cooler(temperature) clip. It sounds so fun, but i have zero experience and will just have to use a ruler and lots of internet research as my guide. Am I crazy??

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
go for it!!! That's one of the BEST things about poodles; you can experiment with their coat styles, it will always grow back, and if you dont' like it you can change it to something else!!! hehe.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
go for it!!! That's one of the BEST things about poodles; you can experiment with their coat styles, it will always grow back, and if you dont' like it you can change it to something else!!! hehe.
That is sooo true. If you don't like it you can tweak it later as it grows or you can grow it into something else entirely. Ahh, the beauty of the poodle coat!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Absolutely, go for it! I'm self-taught, and started with FF&T. I'm real close to putting Beau in a modified Continental. I did a fair job on the German trim, which is really hard for a novice! So, am thinking a continental will be a piece of cake, comparitively speaking! Of course he doesn't have topknot or neck hair to carry it off, but, we'll just go for the pattern, and he can grow into it. Poodles Rule! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts