Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Teddy look square, or does his back look too long for his leg length? Maybe he just seems that way to me because his hair has gotten so long.

It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
With these photos it's hard to tell because he is leaning forward. I know it's not real precise, but I had hard time keeping Zulee still to measure her. I ended up having her stand and made a mark on the surface behind her. I then measured from the floor to the mark.

I have a pet companion, but I was curious like you are, especially since she came from a toy breeder. Even though she is taller than I expected, she couldn't be better. :D

I just love looking at his pictures. I'm thinking he is month older. Zulee was born 6-30-09.

I'm sure someone else can give some suggestions on getting a more precise measurement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can get a measuring tape or a piece of string will do. To measure a poodle square, measure from breast bone to point of rump. Then measure from withers to floor. This will tell you how square they are. If poodle will not stand still for you, recruit someone to help hold.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
it's impossible to tell from the photos because your'e looking down on him too much to see how tall he is properly! He needs to be up on a table or you need to be down on the ground, so the camera is at the same height as his shoulder to get an accurate view of if he's as tall as he is long. Either that, or measure him yourself ;)

If he's not square, he's got enough coat to be able to make him LOOK square with a good haircut! lol.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh, I know! He's getting a haircut as soon as the weather warms up a little more. I tried to measure him, but he thought I wanted to play, so it didn't go so well. I'll try again later. :doh:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that Teddy's hair is a shorter, I was able to get good measurements on him. I even bought a tape measure!

He is approximately 12" tall and 12" from breastbone to rump. And he weighs 12 pounds. At least he's consistent. LOL!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Now that Teddy's hair is a shorter, I was able to get good measurements on him. I even bought a tape measure!

He is approximately 12" tall and 12" from breastbone to rump. And he weighs 12 pounds. At least he's consistent. LOL!
That's funny, Monti weights 14.5 pounds and is 14.5" tall, it would be really funny if the length will be the same. I have to measure him tomorrow.
We should get together for a play day :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We definitely should now that the weather is getting warmer. Do you have a place in mind?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Marian,

My spoo has Mr Bill too..... & loves him. He often picks the funniest moments to squeeze him. Does yours? It's like they know.

Hubby & I were discussing if/ when we wld have him neutered & he ran to Mr. B & squeezed, "Ohhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooo...."

EVERYONE:
Is one to compare measurements of withers to floor & point of rump to chest?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts