Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the threads about colour on here really interesting and I have a quick question about Cooper's colour. I am pretty sure he would be classed as apricot but he had his first proper haircut just over a week ago and looks darker than he did before but in certain parts. Is this normal? His back, top of head and ears are rather dark compared to the rest of him. Although the back of his legs are dark too but then he has lighter patches around his rear end, his chest and his tummy. I find it all so fascinating lol. I have attached a few before and after photos which are the best ones I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I would agree that he's an apricot poodle. Apricot poodles tend to have varying shades of apricot all over and it can change with each haircut.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I would say he's more of a cream, but maybe a very pale apricot. Most likely over time he will fade to have a mostly white body with apricot tinted ears. Every color is pretty though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pale apricot, will probably fade to a cream. Poodles dont get darker, the darker hair was just hiding under the lighter hair

Reactions: Sole0102

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,822 Posts
Peggy looks much lighter when her hair gets wild between groomings. I think that’s because her guard hairs are light and tend to grow fastest. A good cut makes them much less visible, at least temporarily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you are right about him fading over time. I honestly find the colour thing really interesting. His mum was black and his dad was apricot. He came from a litter of 4, 1 was cream, 2 dark brown and Cooper who was more apricot than cream compared to his brother. I can't wait to see how much he changes as he grows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts