Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Misty
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! What color do you think my poodle is? Our breeder thought she would be a tri, and the vet thought she is a parti. To me it seems like she has 4 colors, mostly black and white, with silver on her face and brown on her chin. I’ll add pictures from a few different angles.
C3FF8399-A703-4B47-B89F-8AE7EA46F662.jpeg
E9AEDFB2-9422-4013-8343-12C7FBB64FDB.jpeg
86BFE4F9-3CBF-40B3-A812-1BEAEB8DDA71.jpeg

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would guess she’s a blue and white parti. Does she have brown at the roots anywhere? Around her mouth just looks like staining.

Reactions: mhb1404

·
Registered
Misty
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess she’s a blue and white parti. Does she have brown at the roots anywhere? Around her mouth just looks like staining.
She has brown at the roots on her chin and up the side of her face. I thought it was staining too but when we shave her face it always grows back brown at the roots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
She looks a bit like my boy Pogo. Genetically he was a black and tan phantom. Except, he had a dilution gene that lightened his tan points to cream. So, he was actually a black and cream phantom. Except, he was also parti factored. So the only places you could see his cream points were his eyebrows, the sides of his muzzle, and around his anus.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The brown is just from being damp, I think. I suspect if that area was clipped with a 30 or 40 blade you would not see any brown for a few days until hair grew back.

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
The brown is just from being damp, I think. I suspect if that area was clipped with a 30 or 40 blade you would not see any brown for a few days until hair grew back.
I agree. It looks like the stains Pogo used to get around his muzzle. His were from a combination food stains, water, and Snarky licking his face.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts