Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a one year old standard poodle named Leo. I have extensively researched dyes but have no idea what design/color ect...
So I figured I would post here and ask for ideas. Thanks for reading.
20201016_154843.jpg
Screenshot_20201017-201200_Messages.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hello, I have a one year old standard poodle named Leo. I have extensively researched dyes but have no idea what design/color ect...
So I figured I would post here and ask for ideas. Thanks for reading. View attachment 470481 View attachment 470482 View attachment 470481 View attachment 470482
Great photos but a horrible moment when I saw the "poodle dying" title. That should be "dyeing" just to keep our collective hearts steady!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I didn't even notice..LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Great photos but a horrible moment when I saw the "poodle dying" title. That should be "dyeing" just to keep our collective hearts steady!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
I had the same reaction. I corrected the spelling.

On a happier note, I love the checkerboard poodle. Why should whites & creams have all the fun?

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
Hello, I have a one year old standard poodle named Leo. I have extensively researched dyes but have no idea what design/color ect... So I figured I would post here and ask for ideas.
First, I love Leo's pony cut! He's a perfect candidate for a skillfully done dye or color job. I have not tried the stencils (seen below as the white cards), but I have seen pics of very simple designs using them. Read their reviews too. My impression is the dog needs to be still so the color won't bleed or smear when using a stencil.

Opawz 10 Pcs Blow Pens with 24Pcs Set Tattoo Stencil for Pets,Kids,Non-Toxic,Fun Shade, Semi Permanent and Permanent Dye(01AB)

When my kids were young, I had a nice water-proof stencil set ideal for painting. I wonder if these would be appropriate for the dog dyes too, or if they would slip and slide while applying.

This next one is very temporary b/c it uses chalk, but does not have stencils included. Seems like a safe choice, just bathe if you don't like how it turns out.

Opawz Hair Chalk Paint Pens 12 Colors for Kids,Girls,Pets,Safe and Non-Toxic(02AA)

I'll bet there a YouTube videos on how to dye using stencils.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Check out The National Association of Professional Creative Groomers Facebook page. You don’t have to have an account to look at the pics. They have lots of dyed poodles.

I love love love Leo’s haircut. He looks so cool. It really is perfect for fun colors. I keep my Lacey with a mane down her back too.

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
Check out The National Association of Professional Creative Groomers Facebook page. You don’t have to have an account to look at the pics. They have lots of dyed poodles.

I love love love Leo’s haircut. He looks so cool. It really is perfect for fun colors. I keep my Lacey with a mane down her back too.
Thanks, Porkchop! Here's the FB link.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am not a fan of creative grooming or dyeing so I will just not comment on that....However, I did note the picture of your dog jumping off the bench from a pretty decent height. You mentioned he is only a year old. Hopefully, you don't let him do things like that often because at only a year, his growth plates are not closed and letting him do things like jump and land from that height can be damaging to his joints. We don't let our large agility dogs (Standards in my case, but dogs of any bigger breeds) jump full height (which for Standards is either 20 or 24") depending on their wither height at 2 when they get a final measurement - dogs measuring 18" to 22" jump 20" and dogs over 22" jump 24") or do other strenuous or repetitive training until they are 18 months or so and the plates are closed. I'd hate to see you do anything now to jeopardize the future health and soundness of your boy.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why don't you agree with creative grooming? The dye's are 100% safe for the dog?? I have the end of my dogs tail dyed a ombré pink & purple and he doesn't mind a single bit. I don't understand why anybody would have anything against it.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Leo is a cutie in his pony clip. I’ve seen the main colored with a rainbow effect.

I was gifted those chalk pens above. I gave the to my daughter to use on her horses. I didn’t use them on my dog because the color rubs off. I didn’t want dye rubbed off on furniture and clothes. It’s not easy to get clear definition of a pattern with chalk.

I also echo Eclipse’s warning to limit the jumping Leo does until he’s older and the growth plates are closed. If he randomly chooses to jump in play, it’s okay, but if you encourage him to jump, especially often, that’s not good.

Reactions: Ava.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I do agility with my dog, and my two family dogs. We do not start the foundations of jump until 2 years old and checked by the vet. I'd advise doing the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts