Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
temperance is now rockin' the new 'do and is a big girl. so i think she needs a new collar ...

i'd like something she can wear daily and it hold up well and not have to worry if she goes swimming or stands in the rain staring at me like i am nuts because i want her to come inside. heh.

anything out there besides the standard what'cha get at the pet store?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
PM dogsinstyle. She has some really cool collars that are not your typical fare. You can go to her website and customize your collar with different fabrics and such. She has several different styles. They are very cool :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
All my dogs wear ROLLED collars....I have thicker, thinner, leather, nylon and chokers and buckle collars. My very favorite style are the narrow rolled leather chokers. I have 2 of those. I never buy colorful, nylon adjustables with plastic click buckles because they mess up neck fur. If I want them to be FANCY, I attach cute charms.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who is a good supplier of rolled collars? i'd like to check those out.

and thanks for doginstyle lead ... i'll check her stuff out too :)

any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I LOVE Desmond's collar... It's amazing, but this is the only place I know of to buy them: Sparrows Seatbelt Buckle Dog Collar (there are a few more fabric styles)
It's sooo pretty and sturdy. but I would worry about the fabric in heavy rain and stuff. Now that I think about it- when we took Desmond swimming, he wore that collar and it's totally fine now, but he never went too deep, so I don't think the collar got submerged... I wouldn't let him swim in it again just because it's my fav collar and it was a gift, but I think it would hold up alright.

Like P2P said, rolled leather collars are also a good choice. I need to get one for Desmond eventually when his hair starts growing out a bit more. Dunno of any good manufacturers other than the stuff at the petstore, sorry!!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh lordie birdie (heh)
i'm in so much trouble with that website. i need to work, not surf that site.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Best collars ever for in and out of water (and not wrecking coats either)

are Dublin dog collars (Dog Collars and ID Tags, Dog accessories and supplies online for sale)

LOVE them LOVE them LOVE them. all my dogs sport them (cept the danish boy- when he goes walking he needs to wear a martingale as SOMEONE likes to slip his leash)

for Not in and out of water though i'm lusting after Dogsinstyle's collars

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I'm all about the leather. I think if a dog is going to wear a collar 24X7 (which my dogs don't do BTW) then it should only be leather. A collar is a choking hazard if the dog gets it caught on something. In this event a leather collar is more likely to stretch than nylon and it can be chewed through if necessary.

My dogs have Woof Wear collars but these may be a bit too Bling Bling for you. I like a rolled leather collar too. They are practical but they look classy:

All Woofwear Dog Collars and Leads
Rolled Leather Dog Collars

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Oh boy!! :smile-big: I just went on a huge collar shopping spree for Millie!! I searched "collars" and found some good old threads on this forum. I just ordered a collar from moxnme.com. Also, I recommend Fetchdog's website, they have adorable collars.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I am obsessed with collars. So much so.... that I have started making my own. I love the look and feel of real leather. I'm eventually going to make different styles and sell them. Let me know what you think!

The top two are leather collars I bought and added the rhinestones for extra bling. The bottom one is the leather collar I made. Notice that it has leather inside and out for a more finished look. The edges have been rounded and polished. I also thinned out the leather around the buckle to keep from having a huge wad of leather scrunched in one place. Of course, my favorite is the addition of the Dee ring for the leash. The leather is sealed to help with longer wear.

I have had several compliments on the top two I made, but on a walk, it's hard to see the bling because it slides underneath her neck. I'm really excited about my new adventure. I'm going to feature natural stones on the collars, such as the turquoise here. My next ones will have tiger eye and abalone shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I am a fan of the rolled leather collar also I have never had a mat using them. I have found them one e-bay for a resonable price.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My favourite colour is purple, so my favourite collars are purple too. lol!

I have a purple leather flat buckle collar I use a lot. I'd love a rolled one (in purple) but haven't found one yet... lol!
wearing the flat one (though they don't show it's deep purple colour... I will try get some better pics sometime!)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/P1010817.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/P1010828.jpg

And I have a 'rolled' nylon slip collar, again in purple.

wearing her slip collar:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_1839.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2202.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3511.jpg

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
that purple looks so pretty on paris.

poof is black and while she's wearing lavender right now, it's already greyed on us. (it's sooooo dingy).

atm, i have 8-10 websites open and then haven't looked at etsy nor a pet store.
LOL

i did close the woof wear because i want the 200.00 collars!! but a gal can dream. ;)

nice collars here too:
http://www.flyingdogcollars.com/index.html

·
Registered
548 Posts
My favourite colour is purple, so my favourite collars are purple too. lol!

Like flyingduster, my favorite collar color is also purple. We wanted a narrow purple martingale with fabric versus a chain. We called the company (Timberwolf) and they custom made two for us for our spoos. They have held up very well and can come off over the head without buckling or snapping.

Very convenient and still PURPLE !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts