Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am new here so please bare with me :)

I am hoping to get a miniature poodle puppy this year and want to try and ensure I get the healthiest dog possible.

The breeder I am considering has a good hip score and also does annual eye tests as well as Optigen testing plus they are patella tested so I am happy about these health tests however....

I was wondering how you go about calculating a COI score for a mating?
Are there websites where you can go to access this information?

I have googled it and put it in the search on this website but can’t find any information on how to calculate it.

What questions do you recommend I ask the breeder?

Thank you in advance for any replies:)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
If the breeder did not do a test breeding on Poodlepedigree.com you wont be able to get coi results not unless you do it your self. You may want to ask breeder and see if she did or not. Or to see if one of the pups is already registered on Poodlepedigree

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

I will check out that website and will ask the breeder (already feel like I have bombarded them with millions of questions 0_o)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I forgot to mention that I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

I will check out that website and will ask the breeder (already feel like I have bombarded them with millions of questions 0_o)
There are dogs from other countries on there too might not be as many but they are on there.

try phrdatabase.org also :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah cool I will check both out, Poodlepedigree.com seems to be down at the moment

Thank you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts