Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little lady just got groomed and I was positive she would be cafe au lait. Now I’m doubting that. She started off a super deep, rich chocolate brown and starting clearing about 1 month ago. The color is changing from the roots and looks creamy but in natural light silvery. It’s so fun watching her change! :)
Anyone want to guess what she’s going to look like coat wise?
Pics at about 12 weeks and 1 year

·
Super Moderator
2,275 Posts
Our little lady just got groomed and I was positive she would be cafe au lait. Now I’m doubting that. She started off a super deep, rich chocolate brown and starting clearing about 1 month ago. The color is changing from the roots and looks creamy but in natural light silvery. It’s so fun watching her change! :)
Anyone want to guess what she’s going to look like coat wise?
Pics at about 12 weeks and 1 year
I'm thinking she's going to end up silver beige if she is already this light at one year. She's gorgeous.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking she's going to end up silver beige if she is already this light at one year. She's gorgeous.
Thank you! I agree! I was so sure that she would be cafe after this grooming today (it was obvious her coat color changed) and I expected a cafe but the silver shine is making me think silver beige. I thought silver beige starts earlier? Like when they’re young pups? We didn’t know anything about poodles and I didn’t even know about clearing until I googled what was ‘wrong’ with her coat 😂

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Silver beige starts early like silver does
Cafe is later like blue, my Beatrice is cafe.
How do cafe's clear?
Is a thread that follows my girl's transformation

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silver beige starts early like silver does
Cafe is later like blue, my Beatrice is cafe.
How do cafe's clear?
Is a thread that follows my girl's transformation
I actually read through that thread :) that was how I found my way to this forum! I was positive that she was going cafe but post groom I’m not sure. We noticed the clearing 1 month ago but looking at photos it’s possible that she started clearing younger. My eyes aren’t the best so might not have noticed

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Silver beige is not subtle a PF member has a mini named Apple Butter a gorgeous silver beige that you can look at. My first poodle Bsby was silver beige and super light st 5 months. Bea had hints of lightening at 4 months real subtle but she ended up so light

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver beige is not subtle a PF member has a mini named Apple Butter a gorgeous silver beige that you can look at. My first poodle Bsby was silver beige and super light st 5 months. Bea had hints of lightening at 4 months real subtle but she ended up so light
The age thing had me thinking Cafe, when we got her she was so dark. She is clearing from the roots up, so the hairs are two toned right now, though the groomer took off most of the dark brown. I’m clueless at this point but it’s entertaining to watch her!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts