Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to this board just joined tonight. I have a 20mth old female that was black, she started to turn brown which I thought was old coat when she was changing, however the coat is going even lighter and just above ne of her eyes there's a bit of silver.

It seems I have a 3 coloured miniature poodle.

Her father was silver and her mother was black

Any help would be good as I have no idea what colour she's going to be

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome to this forum Valebar, I'm sure you will enjoy your time spent on here. I'm not sure about coat color changes, but there are a lot of very imformative people on this forum that do, that can probably help you out. You will probably get a lot more replies about your question after the week end, thats when most of the people here come on.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I agree with passion, sounds like she may be clearing to a blue. Blues have a brownish tone to their coat and when they are really starting to clear out, both blues & silvers will can get quite a brown hue to them. Not all blues and silvers clear at the same age/rate of time, nor do they clear to the same shades of blue/silver. If she was looking brownish and is now getting lighter areas, I would say blue. Silvers clear faster and younger, blues can take up to 3 years to clear.

As was already said, pics would help a lot though!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I agree as well. I have a blue standard male and he is a few different colors himself. He started out black then got the brown all over his body. Now he has a clearing on his muzzle near his nose that is bluing out and little white flecks of hair on it throughout if you look closely at him.

Blue Fox also has a Blue and he just posted pics of him and I just posted pics of Billy. You can see the differences if you look at them.

Also do a search of the internet. You will find that there are many different shades of blue from dark to very light.

Jester's mom is correct in saying that blues take up to three years to clear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all your replies, I will try and upload a photo I took back in april this year. I will be washing and grooming her a bit later this week so I'll get another one for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
How gorgeous - yep looks blue to me too. Very similar to T at the moment, he will be 11 months at the end of May and he has perhaps more brown tinge still to him than your little girl but more silver through his muzzle and silver streaks through his ears. Occassionally the wind will catch his ears and you can really see the silver which is kind of hiding underneath - he is definately a three toned dog at the moment!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts