Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been researching the best clippers to purchase for my toy poodle. I am going to try my best to groom her at home. My current groomer has retired 😔.
Would the Wahl motion lithium ion trimmer be the best one to purchase? Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much ☺

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Look on Ren's in Canada. And probably the Bravura with metal combs, rather than a trimmer. A bravura isn't strong enough for my standard's coat, but would probably be good enough for a toy.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
For a beginner and non-professional, I find the Wahl Arco or Bravura with their 5-in-1 blades are the best. That’s all you’ll need to do the whole dog, with metal combs if you want a better finish.

The Bravura is more expensive than the Arco and honestly, I have both and I don’t see much difference between the two. I would get whatever one suits your budget most.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I have the Wahl Motion for my two boys. I liked it for the attached grip handle which I really use and the "stated" double battery charge cycle life.
Otherwise, it's basically the same as the Wahl Bravura. And Yes to the metal combs!

from Amazon US (ignore the Arco Vet model - it's not a 5 in 1 blade)

left to right: Arco Arco Vet Figura Bravura Chromado Motion
ArcoArco VetFiguraBravuraChromadoMotion
Battery2 NiMH2 NiMHLithium IonLithium IonLithium IonLithium Ion
Cord Type CordlessCordlessRechargeableCord/CordlessCord/CordlessCord/Cordless
Run Time 80 Minutes Per Battery80 Minutes Per Battery90 Minutes90 Minutes90 Minutes90 Minutes
Full Charge Time 75 Minutes75 Minutes180 Minutes60 Minutes60 Minutes45 Minutes
Strokes Per Minute Up to 5,500Up to 5,500Up to 6,000Up to 5,500Up to 5,500Up to 5,500
Unit Weight 7.9 oz.7.9 oz.9.6 oz.8.8 oz.10.2 oz.9.4 oz.
Warranty 1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
Blade Included '5 in 1' Fine#45 Non-Adjustable'5 in 1' Fine'5 in 1' Fine'5 in 1' Fine'5 in 1' Pro
Clipper Manufacutred HungaryHungaryUSAGermanyHungaryGermany
Blade Manufactured GermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany

Attachments

Reactions: Porkchop
1 - 5 of 5 Posts