Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clippers took a fall off the grooming table and onto the concrete porch. 馃槩 Long story short I did something dumb and tripped on the cord. The blade will no longer detach and the button to release it feels jammed. Part of the plastic cover popped off but it looks like it was removable. They still run but I鈥檓 definitely not using them in this state. I don鈥檛 want to damage them further.
I鈥檓 still mad at myself. I do all Penny鈥檚 grooming so I need my clippers :mad:

Do you guys think they鈥檒l survive? Is it worth sending them in for repairs? I found a place to repair them but I鈥檓 wondering if just getting a replacement is smarter. I鈥檓 not sure specifically how much repairs will be but probably not cheap. I think I got the clippers for around $150-180.
Hand Finger Free reed aerophone Wrist Drinkware

Office equipment Office supplies Keyboard Machine Electrical wiring

Hand Textile Wood Sleeve Gesture

Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Walter Grey cat
That plastic part is easily replaced, it is one of the few off the shelf replacement parts you can buy yourself

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the plastic part that came off. It鈥檚 intact but it doesn鈥檛 seem to fit back on and I don鈥檛 want to force it and break things even more.

Registered
When I did that, I took them to the local Oster repair place to be fixed. See if there might be a small appliance repair place near you that can do it. Maybe contact Andis regarding the part(s)?

Registered
I had good success getting the local clipper repair guy to repair my 20yo Osters after I dropped them as well. I believe he did a tune up/cleaning as well, and it came in significantly less than a new clipper, and they came back running better than before I dropped them.

Registered
I have the same ones and I don't see anything in your pictures that different from mine. Can you take a pic of the missing cover piece? It's meant to be able to come off for cleaning...

Sounds like the part holding the blade is misaligned somehow. Wouldn't think that would be super hard to correct. If you can get an idea of how much they charge labor wise you could decide whether to send them off or see if someone handy in your life can take a look. Imo it's always best to repair and reuse than to replace something that could have been fixed.

Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
Are you done trying to get the blade off? It doesn't really even look damaged in the picture. Maybe if you do get it off, it will realign something when you put it back on?
Then again, maybe you'll never be able to get it back on 馃槣! IDK!
Good luck!

Registered
Hi, I am new to the forum. Your PennyDog looks just our Jaspie who passed this Sunday. My family is still in a state of shock and grieving. Might I ask where you came by your PennyDog?
Thank you.

Registered
The assembly that holds the blade in place screws onto the head of the clipper. There is a little slidey piece that allows the blade to release and it does break fairly easily.
Sounds like that is what has happened.
It's definitely replaceable, and not difficult, although finicky. It's not always easy to figure out exactly which part number you model needs.
Definitely worth fixing. Make sure you have that blade serviced as well as it is also likely put of alignment or damaged.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys. I鈥檓 glad clippers aren鈥檛 automatically toast from such a fall. I think I watched too many grooming videos warn about disastrous consequences if they fall off the grooming table.
I found a repair place in my state so I will send them off and hope for the best. I inspected them a bit more and there was a flexible black piece inside that was visibly out of place. I鈥檓 still worried there might be more hidden damage though.
I have the same ones and I don't see anything in your pictures that different from mine. Can you take a pic of the missing cover piece? It's meant to be able to come off for cleaning...

Sounds like the part holding the blade is misaligned somehow. Wouldn't think that would be super hard to correct. If you can get an idea of how much they charge labor wise you could decide whether to send them off or see if someone handy in your life can take a look. Imo it's always best to repair and reuse than to replace something that could have been fixed.
The assembly that holds the blade in place screws onto the head of the clipper. There is a little slidey piece that allows the blade to release and it does break fairly easily.
Sounds like that is what has happened.
It's definitely replaceable, and not difficult, although finicky. It's not always easy to figure out exactly which part number you model needs.
Definitely worth fixing. Make sure you have that blade serviced as well as it is also likely put of alignment or damaged.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you done trying to get the blade off? It doesn't really even look damaged in the picture. Maybe if you do get it off, it will realign something when you put it back on?
Then again, maybe you'll never be able to get it back on 馃槣! IDK!
Good luck!
After a few firm tries I stopped trying to get it off. I don鈥檛 want to snap anything if it really is stuck. I don鈥檛 like messing with complicated machines. Nothing good happens when I try that :LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts