1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just found this site, it's great!
First post....

Please can anyone recommend Clippers for a miniature poodle for his whole body and also Small scissors. Mine usually goes to the groomer.
It's my first poodle and had him since he was five months old. He's one now and usually has a shortish coat.
I've been researching and it's all becoming blurred!
I'm looking at a Wahl Super Groom?
Any help appreciated, I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I think the supergroom looks more equivalent to the Arco. The benefit of a Bravura is that it has lithium batteries. But both could do the job. A set of steel attachment combs will result in a much better groom than the plastic ones it comes with.

·
Registered
374 Posts
These are a great clipper for home grooming, a lot of groomers start out with these. Especially if you plan to do a full groom. They come with a 10 blade which you can do the face, feet and sanitary areas. You can either change to a longer blade for the body (7f summer) or use comb attachments over the 10.
If you arent showing and scissoring the whole dog I wouldn’t get to hung up on the scissors. Roseline are a popular brand of scissor and not to expensive. There are a lot on the Christie’s site of all price ranges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for you replies, I appreciate them all. I was wondering if steel blades would be better?
I've read good reviews on the brauva and the supergoom which is a bit less expensive at about £110.00.
I won't be grooming him all the time, as he'll go back to the groomers. I'ts just until i'm out of lockdown and probably in between cuts where needed. Thank you also for the scissor recommendation i just need some small ones for his face.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thank you all for you replies, I appreciate them all. I was wondering if steel blades would be better?
I've read good reviews on the brauva and the supergoom which is a bit less expensive at about £110.00.
I won't be grooming him all the time, as he'll go back to the groomers. I'ts just until i'm out of lockdown and probably in between cuts where needed. Thank you also for the scissor recommendation i just need some small ones for his face.
The detachable steel blades are for clippers, (like the ones in my previous reply). The super groom are trimmers, like bruvaras. Arcos are also good very similar to the super groom and similar price plus you get an extra battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your help Vee, I missed the link, sorry, but have checked out the Andis now too. Just need to make my mind up now, but thank you everyone, you have made my choice easier.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thank you for your help Vee, I missed the link, sorry, but have checked out the Andis now too. Just need to make my mind up now, but thank you everyone, you have made my choice easier.
no problem. It’s hard when there so much choice. This shop is great for grooming supplies too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts