Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where and how do I find someone to repair/service my clippers? I could only find a couple places online, but I'm not comfortable sending them away. Are there still local guys/gals that can fix and service these in a short time and they're good to go? I know when my friend had a grooming shop about 25 years ago, if one of her clippers quit working it was a simple phone call, and the guy was there that afternoon. Just so simple.

I do know one groomer that I was emailing a couple of times with in the last few days, but when I asked her about this, well all of a sudden no more word from her. It seems like it's the best kept secret around lol.

Help?!?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
LOL I have found in the past some groomers are not so willing to share. I have an otter A5 when I need work done (well I never did and mine is 20 years old) I'd send them to Oster. The last time I did this for the blades and it was cheap reliable and fast. We also have a ol time hardware store intern and some feed shops. Many of them have connections to "farm" people who have connections to get anything you want done. They too have recommended blade sharpeners. Horse people too and Vets.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You would be fine sending away directly to whoever the manufacturer of your clipper is (which I have done, mine are Oster A5s so I sent to them) or to Whitmans. I always used to get my blades and scissors done by Whitmans when I went to PCA so I would drop them off and pick up in person, but I have mailed things to them as well and they do a good job. They work on clippers as well, all models. They do tons of blades/clipper work, etc. for show people too, so they are reliable and know what they are doing. Just be aware, depending on the age of your clippers and what is wrong with them, you might need to weigh repair costs against buying a new clipper. For example, you can get an Oster A5 with a #10 blade for $125.00 with free shipping right now from Pet Edge. If the clipper is older and the repair cost is pricey, just something to think about.....

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
97 Posts
Where and how do I find someone to repair/service my clippers? I could only find a couple places online, but I'm not comfortable sending them away. Are there still local guys/gals that can fix and service these in a short time and they're good to go? I know when my friend had a grooming shop about 25 years ago, if one of her clippers quit working it was a simple phone call, and the guy was there that afternoon. Just so simple.

I do know one groomer that I was emailing a couple of times with in the last few days, but when I asked her about this, well all of a sudden no more word from her. It seems like it's the best kept secret around lol.

Help?!?
There usually is a local blade guy who visits the salons. The reason groomers tend to go mum about this is
he just kinda shows up every few months and when he does a repair he will take it away and return on some unknown day in a few months.
They don't want to be the go between, in case anything happens.

I bring my clippers in an envelope to the salon owner, she forwards the email estimate-I write a check-
and when her guy brings them back, I get them back.
(I have 2 pair) Not an ideal situation, I know.
The same guy who does grooming salons does barber shops in my area.
So really unless there is a knife sharpener shop in your area, you are going to have to
send them out somewhere and wait. :(
(The mail away option gives you some control and UPS covers up to $100 value if they get lost.)

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
If you have an Oster their customer service is awesome. They will fix your clippers and sharpen blades.

o

Oster will work on the problem I am sure. Could find the Oster owned by Jarden Customer Solutions: 888-865-6810.
is Oster Direct phone is 800-830-3678.I would call this # first

·
Premium Member
23,219 Posts
Aewn't your clippers new? If yes and something broke right off the bat I would think the vendor or manufacturer would replace them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have had my Oster A-5 clipper overhauled by Oster as well as blades sharpened. They only charged $65 to overhaul them and put in a new housing because mine was cracked. They work like new and they were purchased in 1991. They told me exactly how to pack them up and it only took a couple weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts