1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have an Andis 2 speed Ultra Edge and love it. It's the only clipper I have used, so I can't offer much of a comparison. On the sets you picked out, I have heard the stainless combs are a better choice. Just keep in mind that you need a #30 blade to use them. If you try to put them on your #10 blade, it will break it.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
nope, they work FINE on a 10 blade! it's the 40 blade that it screws up. They do work *better* over a 30 blade though, as that's what they're designed for, but I use mine over a 10 all the time too. And yes, the stainless steel combs are AWESOME. lol.

IMO you won't need two speeds Jak. I only use the single speed ones at work day in and day out! I use a 2 speed one when I'm down in balclutha every week, and it's not going to make any difference for you really, just go with the single speed unless you really want the different accessories!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, they work FINE on a 10 blade! it's the 40 blade that it screws up. They do work *better* over a 30 blade though, as that's what they're designed for, but I use mine over a 10 all the time too. And yes, the stainless steel combs are AWESOME. lol.

IMO you won't need two speeds Jak. I only use the single speed ones at work day in and day out! I use a 2 speed one when I'm down in balclutha every week, and it's not going to make any difference for you really, just go with the single speed unless you really want the different accessories!
so the Wahl KM2 is fine then ???

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I use my old oster A5s (got 2 of them). A work horse but never has let me down and has run for a decade. Mostly use for body work and comb attachments. Also have one of those Wahl Arco SEs and an Element A2. The rechargables I use on puppies and F/F/T. However if I want to get really close on the feet for show I use my Oster with a #50 blade. You are less likely to catch webbing in a 50 then a 30 or 40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts