Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I've seen Clarion Poodles recommended a couple of times here but I haven't found a specific thread dedicated to them. I've just recently started contacting Ann Kennedy and everything seems fantastic so far.

Does anybody know anything about the Kennedys or Clarion Poodles? Anything you think I should particularly ask her about, or any tips for establishing a good breeder-buyer relationship? :) You can post here or PM me if you'd like.

Clarion Poodles - Miniature Poodle & Toy Poodle Breeder

A little info about me: I live in the Bay Area (Northern California) and I'm hoping for a Toy Poodle some time later this year or next year (whenever I'm sure I've got everything lined up and I'm definitely ready). I'd like to do Rally and some Agility, but need a calm, well-adjusted temperament because I like to take my dogs everywhere - and I do travel up to Oregon once or twice a year. I've mentioned this to Ann and she says her Toys line up with my expectations. Just checking here to see if anybody has any thoughts...you know, in case.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I think Clarion has the best looking Minis I have seen ! Her minis look like standard poodles , which is highly desired !

She is not only a great breeder but a VERY HUMBLE person. I met her at a show and told her her dogs are just stunning and she thanked me and was so happy with my comments.

Other than that I have no clue about her bloodline since I am more into standards. Many people rave about her and I think you found a fantastic breeder. There is another member on here who has a clarion poodle ( I will look them up forgot their screen name)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
My miniature puppy is not fully a Clarion breeding, but has enough Clarion in his background that I consider him closely associated with them! His father is Clarion CoDIAC Clarion Poodles And he has Minarets Reach To The Stars on both sides of his pedigree Clarion Poodles

He is 17 weeks old tomorrow, and so far I am thrilled with him. He is very intelligent, highly driven (a real retriever, he's always got something in his mouth) and very social. I have had to do some work with him in some areas, but I think those are more to do with him being a singleton puppy than his pedigree.

Anyway, based on my experience with a partial Clarion poodle so far, I would highly recommend them. Paddleaddict on here has a Clarion mini poodle called Jager. I don't know anything about the Clarion toys.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I live in the Bay Area too and when I was looking for a poodle earlier in Spring, I talked to Ms. Kennedy and she's very patient, kind and knowledgable. She didn't push me to buy one of her dogs. Instead, she listened to my needs and tried to do the best match for both her puppies and her potential clients. Unfortunately the only mini she had back then was black and my husband really doesn't want a black and the toy that she had was a tiny toy and she explained to me that a tiny toy might not be the best fit for us, which I agree, since my husband and I might start a family.

I ended up getting a mini silver from another breeder. Ms. Kennedy even emailed me and followed up on our case! She really cares about poodles, not just hers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If we move back to the mainland, and we are in the market for another mini, Clarion is one of the first breeders I will contact!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts