Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few of the pictures I took for our Christmas cards. Poppy, comes off to me as looking miserable:eek:hwell: I really wanted it to be a cute pic, but I think she hated, but tolerated, the santa hat. What do you think, should I use one of the pics or should I retake. If I use one, which one? If I retake, I will not have the holly tree in the background as its at my Mom's in KY.

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I love the first one, and I don't think she looks too miserable. My cat and dog both hate wearing the Santa hat, so I usually get some very comical expressions. Haha

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I like the first 2 the most - In the second one it gives a good shot of both, the first one your son (I think) looks adorable.:)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I like either first or second one and your son is very photogenic. My sons always make faces when I ask them to take pictures.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I think all of the pictures are adorable. I like the first one the best, and think it would make an excellent Christmas card.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody for the great comments! First one it is. My son is generally good about pics, but what you can't see is that he is sitting on my ATV. He loves to be on it even if its just sitting and just in case your curious, we always make him wear a helmet when we're riding.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
The first one definitely works for me. I don't think poppy looks miserable at all (even if he may have been). Do you use Photoshop? I would warm it up just a bit. It's going to make a great greeting card!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Like the 1st and 3rd-but as a total picture the 1st is the best (IMO)...really cute pics and great colors!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I think the pics are adorable but agree the first is the cutest. I wish my kids would smile like that for a pic!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think the first one b/c she's not making eye contact with the camera so you can't see that "Look what these people did to me now" expression on her face. LOL. Having said that, you bet next year Bella will be sporting some Antlers so I'm not judging in anyway!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, another vote for the first one... same reason as Bella's mom... poppy is not looking into the camera and it just looks natural. I like the second one too, but the first gets my vote. I don't think poppy looks unhappy at all in that first pic. I agree with Spoo, if you can touch up the photo, it could use some "warmer" touch. :)

I am sure your friends and family will love you Christmas Cards!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the pictures are all very cute and I'm sure they'll bring lots of joy on a card for Christmas!! You son is adorable!!
Have you ever tried shaving your poodle's face? I just find it shows their expressions better in pictures :) just a thought, no offense intended!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No offense on the shaved face, she has a grooming appt on Friday for FFT and maybe a little off all over. Just did not have the time to work it in before we left for Thanksgiving.

I also warmed it up a bit, new camera so not sure about what happened with the color yet.

Thanks for all the comments. I know some of you, if not all, do Christmas card pics with your furbabies. I think I will start a new thread just for that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts