Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really been enjoying clicker training with Annie. It's amazing how quickly she "gets it" and how un-frustrating training is for both of us when I use a clicker.

My mom has a very challenging dog to train (very nervous/anxious, just finally learned "down" and "paw" at age 4), and I want to buy her a clicker for Christmas. Any good (very short, easy to read) clicker training books I could get her, as she is much more likely to follow a book than listen to her daughter :angel:?

Similarly, for the past few years I've been putting books on my Christmas list (usually $30+ ish reference books I am too cheap to buy) - I think this year I'll ask for dog books. Any suggestions for what I should ask for? There is this thread https://www.poodleforum.com/23-general-training-obedience/15558-reward-based-training-reading-list.html , but I really do need to narrow it down to one or two :)

I own and have read Culture Clash at Poodlebeguiled's suggestion. I am working on prey drive, control at a distance, and boredom with Annie right now, if that helps.

·
Premium Member
23,200 Posts
Reactions: For Want of Poodle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts