Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's my favorite time of year. One of my biggest memories as a child was the time that my younger sister and I were riding in the backseat of the car. We both looked up and started pointing and shouting. I'm sure we were driving my parents insane at this point. "We see Rudolph," we both shouted as they tried to hush us! After a very condescending, "oh yeah" they told us that we should sit down and hush or Santa will not come. So I'm sure we did but we were both convinced that that flashing red light was his nose..there is no way it could have been a tower light..it was moving! Guess the thought that it could have been a plane nnnnnever crossed our minds. :doh:

So with the Holiday season approaching what are some of your favorite Christmas memories or traditions? :santaclaus:

Here is a picture of P and I since my photographer Fiance refuses to take ridiculous pictures of us around the tree. Then she has the nerve to tell me that I have a hook for a hand in my awesome picture and that I should put on there that he actual has "cute" clothes..just so everyone knows! Yeah, the nerve! :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Tourtière - Quebec Meat Pie! Since I was a small child, we would go to my memeres home after midnight mass to enjoy meat and potatoe pies. The small house would be filled with family and was warm and full of laughter! My father continued the tradition after our memere passed and now we and our children continue the tradition. Although we no longer go to midnight mass, we still make meat and potatoe pies and in Christmas Eve.

Our other tradition that has passed down all of the generations is a nice, warm banana bread before opening gifts on Christmas morning. My mother started that tradition when we were small. If you don't have banana bread on Christmas morning, it definitely takes something away from the day.

So it really is the tradition and the sharing that make Christmas so special and not the 'things' that we get!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Here is a picture of P and I since my photographer Fiance refuses to take ridiculous pictures of us around the tree. Then she has the nerve to tell me that I have a hook for a hand in my awesome picture and that I should put on there that he actual has "cute" clothes..just so everyone knows! Yeah, the nerve! :wink:

You have a great sense of humor! LOL I love your 'picture'!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Tourtière - Quebec Meat Pie! Since I was a small child, we would go to my memeres home after midnight mass to enjoy meat and potatoe pies. The small house would be filled with family and was warm and full of laughter! My father continued the tradition after our memere passed and now we and our children continue the tradition. Although we no longer go to midnight mass, we still make meat and potatoe pies and in Christmas Eve.

Our other tradition that has passed down all of the generations is a nice, warm banana bread before opening gifts on Christmas morning. My mother started that tradition when we were small. If you don't have banana bread on Christmas morning, it definitely takes something away from the day.

So it really is the tradition and the sharing that make Christmas so special and not the 'things' that we get!
I LOVE the Banana Bread tradition, what a great mommy you had! It sounds wonderful! I wish we had something similar to that as kids, and it will definitely be in my mind for when I have babies of my own! (Maybe not banana bread exactly... as I'm not a HUGE banana fan lol)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Wishing a joy filled Christmas to each and every one of you, rich with blessings, and full of family, love and harmony.

My Mom remarried when I was twelve, and my step fathers family was Scottish. He brought to our family the tradition of home made potato scones and fried dumpling (which is like Christmas pudding, with glace cherries, raisins, currants, etc). All of us get together at one home to open gifts and have a huge breakffast after with bason, eggs, fried scones and dumpling and toast. YUMMY!!! I think this is as much the Christmas meal everyone anticipates as the big turkey dinner. Thank you Ron for brkinging this to our clan. It has been part of our traditions since 1967.

All the best to you and yours!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts