Poodle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This job seems still to be mostly Peeves' domain. The chickens were giving alert calls this morning. When I went out to see what was going on there was an adolescent cat on the lower part of our deck, near their run. Javelin had come out with me and when I saw the cat I told him to go get it, but he didn't look where I was pointing. He went down sniffed around and didn't notice the cat just a few feet away. The cat, being young, didn't seem to think it needed to leave. Javelin came back to me and this time I went down and pointed right at the cat. Javelin looked at and started to approach, but then backed away. What a goof ball! I went and got Lily and she chased it onto the pool deck.

Peeves was downstairs with BF and since I am not sure how the boys will behave with each other under excitable circumstances I had to bring Javelin in the house to go get Peeves and bring him out. With Peeves all I have to do is say go find the kitty and he will track them down if still in the yard. He has treed a couple of cats which seems to give them the lesson to stay out of the yard. I would never want him to cause physical harm for a bunch of reasons, but he is a good chicken guardian for sure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts