Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cardi has started to find rocks his new favorite chew toy. I do not not him doing this for numerous reasons. Our backyard is small and one half of it has rocks in it and that is where he uses the bathroom. So I cannot block him off from it. What can I do to stop him? Of course I can discipline him when I am home, but what about when I am gone? He has free access to the backyard from his dog door for bathroom breaks when we cannot be here to let him out. Any kind of liquid stuff i can put on them to deter him? Anyone have any ideas?

Help!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You could try spraying the area with bitter apple!?! You can buy that at most petstores and I'm sure you'll be able to find it online.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Try a search for the bitter apple online, I could swear I saw a gallon size of it somewhere. Probably intended to be used by trainers who might go through more than the normal amount of the stuff. Anyway with the gallon you can put it in easier to handle spray bottle OR I suppose even one of those water hose attachments like they make for fertilizer and spray. Might make things easier on you.

Other brand names of this type product;
Bitter Yuck, and I think Bitter End??

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
The Dog whisperer had an episode with a dog that chewed rocks - it was very good - you can go to his site and maybe find it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Star loves rocks too.

Luckily we don't have too many for her to get her mouth on.

I did have a German Shepherd many years ago who ruined his teeth chewing on them. I was young and dumb and didn't stop him in time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts