Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Charlie for his first grooming today, which he did NOT appreciate! ♥ He even stuck out his tongue in one the pictures! lol (actually, he was in the middle of trying to eat his food). We have recently discovered that monkeys are his archenemies! ☺

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awwwww gotta love that third pic with the toy. Sooo cute! Did he enjoy his spa day?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, apparently he was a huge drama king. He yipes when I just gently brush him and he doesn't have any notes. He also yiped the first time I put his collar on and the first time I put the leash on him. Oh, and please don't clean his ears! lol

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
ROFL, Oh I see, he's one of "those" puppies. I had one of those in on Friday, except he was an adult GSD.. Not as cute as a little poodle. Oh well, like I told his daddy, Practice makes perfect :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, I can see how a puppy would be more tolerable. Our groomer just laughed at him. Well, considering the fact that Charlie has done #1 on Shadow's bed and #2 on our rug within a matter of seconds and we just had him out, I guess I better get off of here. ☺

·
Registered
335 Posts
What a little doll! The groomer did a fantastic job on him esp. if he was not super cooperative-it does take time for them to get used to grooming. I practiced with mine just clipping scissors near his face so he could get used to the sound of them.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
LOL I was wondering about those notes?! I thought maybe he could sing. :rofl: He is just adorable and I love his color.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
LOL.. yeah, I read that "notes", thought what?, the realized what you meant but still had to laugh as your wording worked out great, saying "he yipes but doesn't have any notes". If you have to make a misprint, make it funny, I always say.....lol. :)

He is absolutely so adorable! I want to give him a big kiss. :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
He is darling and I really like his cut! Did the groomer trim his ears like that or is that just how long they are/were? I really like the way his topknot and ear flow together.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The breeder may have done that before we got him, I don't know. Our groomer said that she was shaving off his straight hair so that his curly poodle coat could grow in and that she wasn't going to do much to his head because there wasn't much hair there. Sorry, I am a poodle fanatic to the end, but I don't have all the lingo down yet and our standard is almost two! lol, I don't even know what a topknot actually is :(

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The breeder may have done that before we got him, I don't know. Our groomer said that she was shaving off his straight hair so that his curly poodle coat could grow in and that she wasn't going to do much to his head because there wasn't much hair there. Sorry, I am a poodle fanatic to the end, but I don't have all the lingo down yet and our standard is almost two! lol, I don't even know what a topknot actually is :(
LOL, well you answered my question. The topknot is hair on top of their head, the part that's usually left longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts