Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My almost 11 week old puppy threw up his morning meal and treats. At what point should I be worried?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Take a deep breath. Talk to your vet. Let them talk you through it.

Puppies are pretty resilient. It will be okay. Pump the brakes on the worry. Same thing happened to Basil as a pup and my mind went straight to OMG IS SHE GOING TO DIE???. I talked to my vet, she said puppies throw up. You'll experience the different kinds of throw up.

I think Basil threw up her meal 3-4x through puppy hood. I was more annoyed of the mess and waste of money. She also had 2-3 yellow bile throw-ups due to an empty stomach. It's just part of the process to learn what it means to be a furparent.

Chances are, everything is okay... But talk to your vet so they are in the loop.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
I agree with Basil, puppies can occasionally throw up and it’s no concern.

My minipoo threw up after I fed him a full meal and then a lot of treats. It was just too much food at one time. He made up for the loss in the next two meals.

He also threw up bile one morning upon waking up.

Both times he was acting normally afterwards and was active . I would be very concerned if my dog was lethargic, didn’t look right, felt too warm etc.....that’s when I would call the vet. But if this is your first pup and aren’t confident, I would call the vet.

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He’s napping now. I did call the vet because it was three times. They are going to fit us in. He hasn’t thrown up again but he hasn’t eaten either. Best to be safe. I already love this pup so much!

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
He’s napping now. I did call the vet because it was three times. They are going to fit us in. He hasn’t thrown up again but he hasn’t eaten either. Best to be safe. I already love this pup so much!
af three times and not eating I would call the vet too. Hope he’s fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything looked OK at the vet. Bland food and keep an eye on him. I may have been overdoing the treats.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Everything looked OK at the vet. Bland food and keep an eye on him. I may have been overdoing the treats.
It happens.

The first day she was with her Grandpa, ~the same age.

My Dad: "We were in the backyard garden and she threw up."
Me: "Yeah? What happened?"
My Dad: "We were practicing sit, and she had a raspberry, and then she just kept eating them, so I just kept feeding them to her."
Me: "Dad! everyone loves raspberries! It's all about moderation! A few are okay, but not a whole handful."
My Mom: "See! I told you so."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts