Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the take over of evo Im chaning my mini poodle and Boston terrier/Pitt bull mix food. My mini is 1. And rescued the mix she 8 and a mommy figure to my mini who no longer has anxiety. I tried everything and made sure they got along and now there inseprable. My mini plays with her so much it keeps my mix on her toes.

I like evo as it helped my mini digestive system. Good stools no loose or diarrhea or vomiting. She had a clean bill of health the vetbsaid a slow digestive system. So more protein in less amount of food is good. And the herring one worked wonders and totally turned her dry skin around. I changed it to Origen 6 fish one. Hoping that fish works for the skin. But they seem to be straining whilst pooping and there poop was small pebbles. My 45pound mix pooped the same as my 12 pound mini poodle. So I just changed it to the solid gold barking at the moon fish and beef formula. I wanted to know anyones opinion about this food and whether there's a better one out there? Thanx. I got to say the take over and formula changing of evo is a shame. I was so sad. My dogs did so good is it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
:)I have tried a lot of foods. I love love Fromm. My dogs do great on it. I also like Merrick BG. Hope this helps you out some.:)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm on Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato. It isn't grain free (the surf and turf is), however my dogs are doing great on it, and their... well... poop looks just the same as it would when they were on grain free. You can tell they're getting everything out of the food that their bodies can.

I'm extremely happy with Fromm... even though I have to drive about 20 minutes to go get it as there is only one place in my entire state that sells it!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I like Merrick's BG line too. So far, the only one Ted won't eat is the turkey. He loves the chicken and the beef.

Take a look at this site: Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost

You can look up just about any food out there (the BG line is too new, however, so you won't find it on there). I hope you find something you can all live with!

Spencer: I think one of the signs of a good dog food company is that you won't find their food at major chains. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Spencer: I think one of the signs of a good dog food company is that you won't find their food at major chains. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.
I would have to agree a little bit on that... however I REALLY wish that it wasn't a PITA to get it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts