Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy, am I feeling anxious and guilty but shh, not a word to Chagall! I'm going back to work (part-time to start) after being a stay-at-home poodle mom all Chagall's young life (he's 10 mos.). I am starting to leave the house for 5 hours a few days a week now to get him used to what's coming. He is used to having me home and getting exercise and attention throughout the day. Now he'll need to be a good boy in his crate (which he is) and wait until I return for the fun to begin. Right before I leave he dashes happily into his crate (because there's a Kong stuffed with peanut butter awaiting him) and settles down to snack and listen to talk radio (he likes to stay informed). But oh how I will miss having my shadow nearby! Of course mostly I'm concerned with how he'll adjust. When I'm gone he does stay clean and calm in his crate, but he sure is the "energizer bunny" when I return! I love his personality and disposition and playfulness and how easy he is to live with, I sure hope my being gone more than usual doesn't change all those good things! I'm real glad to be employed again, too bad I can't bring him to work with me. Hmm, maybe in my next job I'll be able to....

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Well good for you and your new job! You will be missed for sure but it sounds like you have done a good job so like you said slow first! It's nice to be able to do that. Mine are crazy some days when I come home so I can relate lol. Good luck with your new job:)

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel better already, Olie, thanks! Seems a bunch of us New Jerseyans are (finally) getting back to work. This should be good news for my petsitter/dog walker who's REALLY missed my business these last months! He used to do daily visits and walk our dear Penny (she crossed the rainbow bridge at 16+ years this past June). He loves Chagall and has been hoping to have him as a steady client. Funny, just last week the petsitter said things were picking up--they sure did for me so I guess all our wishes came true.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to report that Chagall is doing splendidly having me a "working mom." I started my new job last month, still just part-time, but he's been so good about the new schedule foist upon him! I keep his early morning routine the same as when I was out of work and when I get home we go on with playing and training as before. As my workload increases I have every faith he'll continue to "go along with the program." The luckiest day of my life was the day he came to live with us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts