Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving this boy extra much this week after a close call. He mean everything to me and I can't imagine life without him.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
What a beautiful color! Is he still turning silver or is this his adult coat? I hope you have many more years of hugs and kisses. :knuddel:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Cute pic but he looks totally different in this pic to me. Probably just the hair and grown out muzzle. Im not used to seeing him not freshly shaved from all the previous pics. Still very handsome guy!

So what happened?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He and his buddy DeeDee were both hit by my friend's daughter as she came slowly up their dirt driveway. It was on a hill, and the dogs ran up to see who was coming, and apparently she didn't see...it was a bad combination of circumstances, as the dogs were paying more attention to each other than the upcoming car.
DeeDee suffered the worst of it as she ended up under the tire. Monroe bounced off the front bumper and took off into the deep woods. He was GONE!!! I had to drive a few miles away and come back up a dirt road to find him, and that was sketchy at best, as there's lots of territory to cover and he had no idea where he was. When I finally found him, he was so freaked out that he barked at me and ran away. Took some 20 minutes to coax him closer, finally when I could touch him it was better. VERY SCARY! Luckily, he's completely fine, and doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear. DeeDee had a multiply fractured leg, but she's had pin surgery and she's recovering nicely, is expected to come back completely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts