Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Asta's beautiful groom I have made a promise to myself to try and stay on top of his curly coat. Rewarding myself, I have ordered a CC Buttercomb as several folks seem to say it makes all the difference. Will check back when it arrives and we've had a chance to use it.

·
Super Moderator
2,697 Posts
Since Asta's beautiful groom I have made a promise to myself to try and stay on top of his curly coat. Rewarding myself, I have ordered a CC Buttercomb as several folks seem to say it makes all the difference. Will check back when it arrives and we've had a chance to use it.
Did you ever get your comb? I'm curious what you thought of it.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update -Asta's body is very curly and short. Not long enough to need the comb yet. Ragamuffin topknot. So I have been using it on his tail which is longer and strangely enough wispy and wavy. Did it in the proper sections and the big news is that he was really behaved. With the greyhound comb it was a struggle. So I am thinking this is the right comb for Asta - plus it is a very attractive blue metal color.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yes, I would love to know if this comb is that much different from others. I've also wondered the same about the slicker brushes

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Yes, I would love to know if this comb is that much different from others. I've also wondered the same about the slicker brushes
Dogdsavvy, I don’t own CC buttercomb but I own several. One I bought and the rest came free with supplies I purchased including a free Andi brand.

I much prefer the one I bought because the times are a little longer and the shape of the tines and the tips of the tines are shaped like a bullet making it easy to slip into hair. Because I’m happy with this comb I don’t feel the need to pay big bucks for the CC.

I do have one of the CC brushes and I’ve seen another one at a groomers. The groomer had the big, most expensive brush and they were using it on these thick weird coats of goldendoodles. They loved it but I was surprised to see some of the tines were bent and twisted. That would upset me since it was expensive.

I do love the one I have, it’s a little smaller, a good size for a miniature poodle. I have cheap slickers that I use, but this is my favorite. It had more tines than my cheaper slickers.

Reactions: dogsavvy

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like my Buttercombs too. My favorite though is the shorty buttercomb. It’s out of stock on their site but I love that it’s small and can fit in my pocket. Not the best for grooming the standards but I like it for me. Its great for little ears and legs.

I don’t love the CC slicker but some people love them. I use a tiny black and sliver cheapo off of Amazon or artero slicker but that seems to get damaged pretty quick. I’m on my 2nd but it’s great for getting grass and junk out of the coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts