Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading re-ply post from pictures i posted of my sweet boy. Member Cbrand said that he is Blue not Black. Huh? I thought he was Black? AKC papers from breeder is filled in as Black.

Inquiring minds wanna know lol
:beauty:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Is that dirt in his face and head or is that the color? He is cute but just to be sure:)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
He's looks to be blue to me, a black face would be much darker..his face is really light and would lighten even more with a clean shave. One of my Standard Poodles is a blue as well and I was told it can take up to 3 years for the full color to change.

Vega as a pup

Vega recently

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It's hard to tell from that picture. Do you have one of him groomed? The feet are really black but I know blues clear out at a much slower pace than silvers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks olie, thats the glare of the sun and way he tilted his head. His face looks all Black to me...I'm new to poodles - gonna try and dig up another picture - that is not gleary

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
He is definitely Blue. You can tell by the dusky, grayish hue of his coat, but the biggest tip off is his face color. It is quite light and eventually, he will be that same color all over.

Where did you get Winston? Did your breeder tell you he was a Black? :eek:hwell:

Ok.... looking again, I'll edit this to say that he may be a Black if that dirt he is in is really some kind of white chalk that lightened his coat all over. But really, he is very dusky and his face is light all over.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was told that one of the clues that a "black" puppy will be blue is the "sunburned" tint to their fur when they're small - they have a brownish hue to the tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts