Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

It's been a while, so I thought we would catch you up on Harper's Happenings. He's settled in very well around here considering the city life. He's a rather relaxed little guy around the house, but boy is he a social butterfly once we step outside. He LOVES new people, doggies, and places. We look forward to our daily walks. He just turned 21 weeks / 5 months old yesterday and we are weighing in at 34 pounds.

Harper loves to drink water, splash water, and lay in water. He likes to sit outside our neighbor's door waiting for his friend, the Basset Hound, Watson. He cannot resist his squeaky toys when he hears them and once he get a hold of them, he must show you that he too can squeak the toys.

We had some ups and downs with grooming - you will notice these in the pics. Our first adventure overnight and for grooming they thought he was a Labradoodle!!!! They demolished his poof and cut only the top of his nose... they tried to fix him with shaved feet... he looked so goofy. We are coming around now after several groomings :). I'm interested in seeing what color this little charmer will turn out to be. Some claimed him a brindle, which he may very well be, but correct me if I'm wrong - do you see the phantom markings?

I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Kelly

I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I am in looooove with Harper! He is just gorgeous, I love his unique coloring!

Thanks for sharing Harper's haps :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both! I am in love with this lil guy too! Harper's color?? Good question!!! I saw both mom and dad onsite. Mom is white, Dad is black. Their puppies? They had parti pups - I'm not sure what Harper will clear to be :). When his hair is a little longer, you can see light markings above his eyebrows, around his muzzle, the front of his chest and legs and down the back of his legs. He's more brown the red, darker tips on his ears... who knows ... maybe you all could tell me :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i can see in the top set of pics the 'phantom' colorings your seeing. I dont' think he is phantom per say...

Brindle perhaps- maybe even sable?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
OK changing my guess........I think Sable:) not brindle or he would have cleared more of the darker color by now (I think) as they tend to lighten a good bit as they age.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another Update on Color

Hi there - I'll have to create another update and provide some pics, BUT just wanted to let you know that Harper is clearing to a beautiful Silver Beige. What a charmer!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Whatever his color, he sure is beautiful! He has very soulful eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts