Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of Casey...she is a big goofy girl! She is @ 7 months. She was born 5-14-08 and is a red according to her paperwork. I do know she was out of large parents (dad 100 lbs) and mom 80 lbs...dad was red and mother was cream.

I didn't ever get to see her paprents...her breeder is from Montery IN...I got her from a couple her in town. They had a 3 lb female spayed female that accidentally got its foot stepped on by Casey when she was 14 weeks old and I guess the 3 lb female attacked Casey whenever their back was turned.

The lady didn't want to get rid of either poodle, but they had the smaller one longer and she "couldn't" keep them both because she had to keep one or the other crated at all times due to the attacking.

I think she was afraid that Casey was going to "have enough" and really hurt the little one, but either way we got her and she has been great!

I think she may lighten to apricot...her nose isn't coal black. She is great with my kids and a lovely walking partner for me...youngest is 10 months old and momma is still working off a few lbs. She is a big sweet heart, and we love her to pieces!

Her favorite place to be is right beside the 10 month's high chair...her head is the same height as the bottom of the tray, so if anything falls off the side she gets first notice! I have seen the baby just knocking food off his own tray, but she will not take it from his hand...even if her bounces it off her nose. She just backs up and looks at him, then he drops it and she catches it before it hits the floor. She is a smart girlie for sure!

I measured her right before I took the new pics of her...she hasn't been brushed today....and its crummy out weather wise!

She is 23 in at the top of her shoulder and 24 in from withers to base of her tail. Her tail is docked, but its a long dock...we don't have a coffee table for her to knock things off of anyway. LOL

She is way too big to try to hold and stand on bathroom scales, but I have to guess she is in the 50 lb + range. Even under all the hair she is a big boned girl, everyone asks if she is a male. Maybe its the haircut though...

We got her on 9-29-08...and the first pic was taken on 11-08 after I let her hair grow out a bit. Her owner before us (not the breeder) shaved her down with I'm guessing a 10 so she was pretty short, even the ears and top knot.

I wanted her hair to grow out so she wouldn't be cold for our walks, which this time of the year are a bit more of a jog due to the below freezing temps!

I need a good pinbrush for x-mas...hopefully the store uptown gets some good ones soon!

No way am I driving out of our little town before x-mas...there is a snow storm headed our way with 30 mph winds and 2-3 in of snow. That will blow our car all over the place!

I did get a good gift from the parents before they went to Florida...Simon gift card, maybe I'll just order one from this petedge place I hear so many things about!

Pm me if you have one you like and can be shipped into US...I need one, the one I have is the Wal-mart special that is 2 sided. It takes forever! I need a bigger one for the bigger girls!

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is so great...here are the shots that I almost deleted. For every 1 good one you get about 5 of these. This is her saying okay the leash is on...are we going outside? She doesn't drag you out the door, but she does do the yawning and sneezing to show she is excited!

We do allow her to get up on the furniture, when asked...we will see how long that lasts! So far no lap puppy, just her feet and head...so we are still okay with it!

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Secrecto...her coat we find amazing! You would think it would be very dull and dingy considering her 1st few weeks here! I do bath her with the oatmeal type of shampoo 1-2 times a week now with the weather...her feet get too matted otherwise even with daily brushing. I would shave them down, but I don't want her toes getting too cold and I am sure she would eat a pair of boots rather than wear them!

She had nothing but loose stools for 3 weeks when we first got her...never been wormed and wow she was full of them! They were feeding her a really cheap grocery store kibble (like 10% protein and 8 % fat), we have her on a high grade kibble (Holistic Eagle Pack Lamb Formula) and wow it was a hard switch.

I refused to feed her anymore of the old stuff, so she went right to higher protein and fat food...and on top of worming meds...well YUCKY! She loved the new food, but it didn't agree with her tummy for a few weeks, for SURE!

Talk about a gassy puppy!

I plan to keep her body hair at about 4-5 inches long in winter, then about 1/2 of that along with shaved feet in the summer. I hope it doesn't get too curly as she gets older...but I know it probably will since she is still a puppy.

Hubby had to hold her for the face trim...I don't think her last experience with getting shaved to the skin about didn't sit well with her at all! Her hair has grown fast though...I might have to trim her once before spring if it keeps growing at its present rate!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Aww, she is pretty and her coat is a lovely color! :D
She seems to already be a good size spoo puppy that
I can tell from the pictures!

LOL, my mom told me I have an addiction to shaving/clipping
my dogs, and I think she is right...I love it, but It's so cold
they need their hair! :rofl:

I know what you mean though, sometimes hubby has to assist
me when I groom and they are struggling because they don't
want their face shaved or the feet sometimes!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am only about 5 foot tall...so I tried to cut myself out of the pictures because I make her look bigger than she is. She is already taller then our 2 yr old spoo Daisy though not as filled out. She isn't fat by any means...just still a puppy.

Hubby has to hold her because I don't have a grooming table. I just have a counter I groom the little ones on, then I do the big girls on the floor. She just throws her head around so much when you get near her ears...she is just now getting over an ear infection she came with in both ears, so I think the buzzing and sound bothers her.

Its tons easier when hubby holds her leash tight so I can have both hands free! I use one hand to guide (hold her muzzle still) and the other holds the clippers to trim!

If only I could get him to bathe them for me, too! He is good about holding them for their feet and faces though, so I guess I shouldn't complain!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hubby has to hold her because I don't have a grooming table. I just have a counter I groom the little ones on, then I do the big girls on the floor. She just throws her head around so much when you get near her ears...she is just now getting over an ear infection she came with in both ears, so I think the buzzing and sound bothers her.
That sounds like me! I don't have a grooming table either, I usually
make mine stand up in the floor to groom or hold them in my lap when
doing the muzzle and feet.:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts