Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your poodle like to carry toys in their mouthes? Mia is so cute. She will almost always get some stuffed toy (sometimes it's the kids' toys) and carry it outside with her to potty. She never brings them inside either. She will leave them out there and hunt for them later.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Awwwww, so sweet!!! She's setting all her little fuzzy friends free!!! "You're FREE, little fuzzy friends!!" :lol:

My Juliet likes to carry stuffies into the backyard and if I don't catch her before she darts out the door with one, I'll make her go get it before she can come in. If she forgets she had it and comes to the door, I can usually just say, "Go get your toy, Juliet" and she'll turn on her heel and go find the little bugger! :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yes, Kala used to do this(and still does sometimes). Only usually it was an article of clothing or something she wasn't supposed to have. She would pick it up and run away, then drop it outside and come back in. So cute isn't it?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Aaaaaweee Kpoo and Plum - that is just too cute :):):) !!!!

PS: Hi Kala LOL - we posted at the same time !!! Your poo is cute too - teasing you for attention LOL

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Yes, Kala used to do this(and still does sometimes). Only usually it was an article of clothing or something she wasn't supposed to have. She would pick it up and run away, then drop it outside and come back in. So cute isn't it?
Lol - this is what Olie does!! Still...we took a different approach - when he goes and gets the sock or washcloth we have been asking him to bring it to us versus a correction therefore he doen't run with it, but he IS sly!! I think we are planning to readjust this process a bit.

Coco will take his balls outside and then later he will cry for it......SMH. He is such a baby!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Paddy carried one of Harley's migrators around almost the whole time he was here for Xmas. I even had to hold it for him so he would take a treat, lol! I sent it home w/ him b/c he seemed to like it so much and Harley has several.

·
Registered
268 Posts
oh yes!! Cozi knows most of her stuffed toys by name now....and loves to get them and bring them to us. Her newest habit is grabbing a stick to take home with her after going for her walk and doing her potty duties.

She LOVE carrying things around

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy likes to pick up trash and bring it in the house. I like that he's concerned about the environment outside, but he needs to learn to care about the one inside! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mercury does that. He carries his ball around, holding it gently in his mouth and looks at me like I should be So proud. I am of course even if I don't know why he thinks its such an amazing thing to do. He carries a pink fuzzy purse around as well...it's darling. I need to get a photo of that. Jupiter is more the find and destroy kind of dog. He LOVES hard plastic and window blinds.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
When I was a toddler, my grandma had a dog. She was really a stray, but she got fed at my grandparents' house. I don't remember this, but I've been told that she would go into other people's yards and steal their kids toys and bring them to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My baby does it too. He keeps it in his mouth the whole time and brings it back inside. If he does't have his baby with him he tries to bring sticks back in the house. What a goofball.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts