Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's our sweet boy at 5 weeks old. :)

We're still working on a name. None of the ones I have suggested so far have been accepted by the family. My son threw out the name "Alex" and it is the only one that we can all agree to at this time. The name Alex seems so common though and I was hoping for something a little more "special." Not really far out but just off the beaten path enough that it's a cool name. If that makes any sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Heehee, puppy breath is one of our favorite things at the salon. I actually don't know too many dogs named Alex and I like when dogs have people names.

Don't worry, if alex isn't the right name the perfect one will just come to you out of the blue.

are you guys getting him when he's 8 weeks?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
yup the perfect name will present itself :) no worries. I dont know any other dog's named Alex either come to think of it. I think Alex is a good name.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
What a doll. I just love the pic of puppy toes!!

I don't know any dogs named Alex either. My boy is named Billy and I don't think you can find a more common name. It fits him perfectly. He has more nikcnames: Biller, Billibong, Bill Boy, Bonger, Bills... It's a wonder he knows his name! LOL

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ohh how perfectly gorgeous he is! I don't have any Alex's either in grooming or boarding dogs - plenty of Harry's :rofl: We tried to think of something a bit more exotic for T and ended up with his registered name of "Toledo Steel" but he still just gets called 'the T dog' :lol:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Awww, another poodle pup to watch grow. Love it! I love puppy breath too, don't know why, but I do...lol. Good luck with your new coming little one. Alex is a nice name, but as everyone else said, if that doesn't work out, the right name with hit you and that will be it. Congrats! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the nice comments on my sweet boy. I'm in love already and can't wait to meet him!

It's interesting that Alex doesn't seem so common as a dog name, yet it is in the top ten for boys' names (at least it used to be.) "Oliver" keeps coming to mind. DH worries that it just be shortened to "Ollie" but I don't mind since I like that name too.

Bailey is another one I like. So stare at that cute face ;) and tell me what you think.:couch2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, he is one of Susan's and I can't say enough good things about her. You have a good eye. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have a name!

Oliver

Everyone seems to agree this is a good fit and our son likes it which is the most important. ;) He can be a hard sell sometimes. LOL!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes, he is one of Susan's and I can't say enough good things about her. You have a good eye. ;)
Awesome I also can tell the pup is from Susan she sent me some pictures lol
I was going to get a pup from this litter but she told me its best to wait for Enzo to mature and be bred to one of her dogs if all health test is clear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts